3. The Book of Activity

I reflexively twitched my brows hearing the word she uttered.

ALICE?

Toujou mentioned it before. But he didn't have the time to explain about it furtherto me that time.

"You know about us?"

Noticing my reaction, Misaki asked, she seemed surprised.

I took a deep breath and said calmly, didn't want to rise suspicion on me.

"Well, if Alice you mentioned is same with Alice in the story Alice in Wonderland, then I do know about it."

Misaki glanced at me, keeping quiet.

"Ahahaha you're so funny Akihisa! Of course what we mean is not that Alice!" Hayata laughed heartily.

"I see. So, what is it, this Alice thing?"

I faked a smile and asked.

"It's our organization. It's a.."

Hayata answered my question until Misaki lifted her hand in front of his mouth to stop him.

"Just like Haya-kun said, it's our organization. Well, to put it simply, this organization of us works for humanity."

"Humanity?"

"Yeah. We do charity and stuffs like that."

"Ah, I see. So, what do you want me to help?"

"It's..."

Dingdong.

The bell that signed the end of lunch break cut Misaki's words.

"Oh my-! The break has ended already? Well, let's continue our conversation later, Yamato-san. New students can't afford to come late to class on their first day, I guess."

"Yeah, you're right. Oh, but I'll ditch the afternoon classes. Please tell the teacher that I came home because of sickness."

"Hahaha you shouldn't lie, Yamato-san! But I'll help you this time. Then, see ya later."

I smiled and waved my hand. Misaki walked towards the door, followed by Hayata. When their backs had already disappeared I mumbled to myself.

She lied. About that organization. It shouldn't be just a simple organization who does charity and sorts of stuffs. Toujo said this ALICE was somehow linked to black market and the bombing incident. But well, I wonder what exactly is this ALICE?

I sighed then lied on the roof once again, while having my wrist lifted to cover my eyes from the dazzling sun. My thoughts were full of this thing called Alice.

Just what the heck is Alice?

I woke up and the sun set already. It was almost 6 PM. I slept for about 5 hours.

*Sneeze*

Oh, man. Looked like I caught a cold. Well, can't be helped since I slept on the roof after all.

I stood as I pulled up my bag. I yawned once and sluggishly walked towards the door that led downstairs. Just then I caught a glimpse of someone's back rushing down the stairs.

It was a girl with long.. blonde hair.

There wasn't any other girl with blonde hair in our school, other than the transfer student, Kudou Misaki. But what the heck was she about to do just now? It felt like she was about to go to the roof but when she saw me, she cancelled her intention..? Was she going to wake me up?