Chapter 4- Horace

I gaze up at the bright lights of the Ferris Wheel as I walk down the bumpy cobbled street. 'It's a shame that its broken down so often this year.'  Searching these streets is so much more difficult thatn I expected. There are hundreds of thousands- even millions of people in this city right now, and hundreds of people are disappearing each day. lost in thought, I run into a dark figure.

"Hey! Watch where you are walking mate!" I look up to see a rather tall man wearing a patchy coat and a stained shirt.

"My apologies, I was lost in thought." The man was still glaring at me, and as I stared, I slowly realized that he was holding a pistol in his large hands. Slightly intimidated, I looked around to see an empty alleyway. I started backing away from the man as he glanced around nervously. Before I could back away completely I heard shouts from what could only be police officers down the street.

"Hey! Stop that man! Stop the one holding a gun!" Fearfully looking back up at the man, I was suprised to see him directly in front of me. He latched onto my arm, and started pulling me into the alley I was trying to escape into moments ago. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stutter out as he pulls me further down the alley.

"Getting rid of witnesses" was his only reply. Spotting an open door along the wall, I decide to try and make an escape. Pulling free from his grip, I sprint down the alley, and almost make it to the door.

Almost.

A shot rang out as I felt a sharp pain travel down my leg. Unable to hold my weight, I tumble to the ground, blood running down my leg. The man strides over to me, and simply hauls me to my feet, and supporting me when I nearly fall over again. I hear him muttering something about a home and taking care of someone. Nonetheless, I was scared. We had just barely made it out onto the street, and I was feeling dizzy. A dark motorcar drove up, and I was barely able to keep concious before I was pushed inside.

[A/N]

Wow, my chapters are actually really short! I normally write on my phone, so I never really noticed it! Anywho, I had a good christmas and I hope you guys did too! Like I said before, tell me what you think! I really appreciate it!

~Spinner