4 | Confrontation

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015©

Dedicated to izabellabeeneee

$ting by The Neighbourood >>>

***

Death paced the darkened alley, lost in his thoughts. He did not understand how the girl survived after he took her life source from her. He was enraged and confused.

How could she survive? There is no way...I have to go back and finish her.

His thoughts seem to become louder and louder, echoing inside his head. He gripped his dark hair and pulled his hair so tightly that his scalp began to burn.

It's impossible!

His mind was far from reality. The darkness began to grow inside him, but he was too far gone to notice. Cracks began to form on the walls and any objects, a trashcan perhaps, neared him began to shake violently.

That stupid bitch should be de-

But everything stilled when he was interrupted...

"You're thinking too loud."

Death whipped his head to the side towards the source of the voice. A slim man whose hair was so black it looked blue in the sun. Death slowly examined him taking in his facial features. His hair seemed long since it was tied in a ponytail, but the sides of his head was shaved. A cigarette hanged from his lips, the smoke slowing escaping the cancer stick. He was wearing all black and a few of his tattoos on his neck peaked from his sweater. He was leaning against the wall and was throwing a switch blade repeatedly into the air and always catching it by the handle.

"What are you doing here?" Death growled out.

Of course Death knew him. He had heard stories of the man who took souls for a living. Back in the dark ages, the people had described him faceless because his long black cloak covered his face and they say he carried a long scythe. The dark ages was when he was very well known because it was a time of fear and death. The people told stories to the children to frighten them and to not make any deals with the dark forces. But now in the modern ages, he has been long forgotten and now hides in the shadows, trying not to draw any attention towards himself.

"I got a problem."

Death watched him closely as he exhaled the smoke through his nose. He had his guard up, knowing that he was not one to be trusted.

"Is that so?"

The man stopped throwing the blade into the air. He began to chuckle lowly as he threw his bud on the ground and crushed it with his boot.

"Yeah. Some pathetic angel thinks he's a big shot now because he caused chaos in the heavens and now he's taking all my souls."

Death clenched his jaw and his hands turned into fists. He didn't say anything, just simply stared him down. If Death couldn't calm himself soon, then he would try to attack Grim. But then again...Death was enraged and he would love to take his anger out on Grim.

"Can't handle a little competition, Reaper."

Grim stared at Death for a few seconds before he swung his right arm back and flung the blade towards Death. Death had fast reflexes and caught the blade in his left hand. Grim had thrown the blade so fast that Death caught it right when it was inches away from his face. Unfortunately, Death didn't catch the knife by the handle. His blood slowly oozed out of his hand, trailing down his wrist and disappearing into his hood.