3 | Drowning

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015©

Dedicated to _angiiboo

A/N: I was suppose to update a while ago, but I didn't because of my period and I felt like shit (we all know how that feels) so hope you enjoy! If you don't like this chapter, then too fucking bad ya little shit.

***

Athena jolted awake when she heard pounding on her bedroom door. She looked at her alarm clock and cursed loudly. She scrambled to get up from her bed and removed the covers from around her. The pounding continued for a few more seconds before stopping completely.

She rushed to her closet and threw on some thick leggings and then jeans over. She grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks before putting on her black winter boots. She dug around in her draws before pulling out a white thermal long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve t-shirt. Quickly tying her blonde locks in a ponytail she rushed to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face.

She opened her door and rushed down the stairs, almost falling in the process. She opened the hallway closet and began searching through the jackets.

"Mom! Where's my white jacket?!" She pushed back the huge jackets looking in the back for her jacket.

"I threw it away!" Her mother yelled from the kitchen.

"What?! Why?!"

"I didn't fit you anymore. So, I got you a new one."

Her mother appeared with a huge red jacket in her hands. Athena's mouth dropped open, her eyes wide.

"Mom! It's red! I'll stick out like a sore thumb! The whole point of wearing white is to be hidden from the others!"

Her mother rolled her eyes and scoffed. "It's just a snowball fight. Either you wear the jacket or not go at all."

Athena glared at the red jacket and raised her glare to her mother. Her mother lifted her left brow and shoved the jacket at her. Athena sighed and grabbed the jacket and put it on. She zipped it up and walked out the door.

"Good luck at the fight, sweetie!"

Athena pouted and walked down the steps. Once she reached the sidewalk she was hit in the face with a snowball. Laughter reached her ears as she fell on her ass. Raising her left arm to wipe the snow off her face she saw her best friend, Ruth, clutching her stomach as she laughed. Athena bent down and grabbed a handful of snow, patting it into a ball before throwing it right at Ruth's stomach. Ruth immediately stopped laughing and glared at Athena.

"You look like a giant tomato." Athena rolled her eyes and began to walk towards Ruth. Grabbing her right arm and dragged her along. "You're gonna be an easy target." Ruth said as she snickered under her breath. "No one is gonna want you on their team if you're wearing that."

Athena sighed before looking back at Ruth, who was staring at the huge red jacket she had on.

"I know."

Ruth was Athena's best friend and neighbor. Athena had moved to the small town of Maine when she was seven years old. Ruth's family had offered her family to move in. But having two seven years old who shared a passion for Barbies, they immediately became friends. Ruth was an out-going brunette whose hair was like a boys and she could pull it off. If Ruth dressed up more like boy and not have such huge breasts, then she would've looked like those guys with feminine features. Athena was the exact opposite of Ruth. For starters, their hair and eyes were different. Athena had long, curly blonde hair. Her eyes were grey and dull and Ruth's were violet and twinkled with happiness. Athena kept to herself and was very pessimistic, completely opposite from Ruth's optimistic personality.