30 | PUTTING AN END

throw away yesterday's you and me,

it made me be the person who I am today.

- yestoday, nct u

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

disclaimer: broken family, i don't mean to offend anyone. 
purely a work of fanfiction

Haechan woke up to a dry throat

Haechan woke up to a dry throat. His eyebrows furrow, rubbing the sleep of his eyes, realizing Hanbyul is no longer next to him to keep him warm. His alarm clock shows it was just 4.17 am.

His feet come in contact with the cold ground, padding to the living room where the sound of faint piano playing on a phone.

He peeks his head from the room, noticing Byul having her head in her palms as she reads over the materials sprawled on the coffee table with a faint voice.

His heart clenches looking at her working diligently when she still has fever running down.

He walks to the kitchen, seizing 2 glasses and filling it up with sky juice. He heard her hums to the tunes of the piano and he smiles, knowing she finds pleasure in music.

He casually steps to her, settling on the couch behind her as he places one of the glasses on the table for her while he sips the other one.

"Why are you up, you need a lot of rest," His voice low, not wanting to break the calm surrounding in the house.

He hears her hum, tilting her head to the side. Her left-hand reaches for her right shoulder, giving it a light massage and as in cue, he puts his glass down, sliding her hand off and taking over the job. She exhales in content at his kind offer.

"Though I don't want to be a doctor, I need to help my dad with his business. Someone is threatening us," She sighs. Haechan responds with a nod, his lips are pressed into a thin line as he applies soft pressure on her shoulders, easing her tense muscle.

His eyes scan through the scattered white papers and a tight knot tightens in his tummy the moment he caught sight of the familiar name.

Kirin Hospital.

Choi Hansol.

Choi YooA.

Choi Soojin.

His eyes waver in recognition at the names, a sharp gasp leaving his lips making her turn back at him, his hands stop, lips trembling. "What's wrong?" Hanbyul raises a brow at the boy.

"What-what connection do you have with these people?"

She glances back at the name swiftly before turning back at him, letting out a tired sigh. "They are the people I'm talking about,"