five

"let's play sardines"
"lauren we're not five i-" annie stared at her with a confused look.
"cmon it'll be fun" nadia responded a smile on her lips

lauren smirked at kenzie playfully and pointed at her "kenz you can hide first"
annie and nadia seemed to catch on, as instead of arguing they nodded in agreement holding in their giggles. the brunette raised her eyebrow, but ran to hide while the others started counting from 1.

"60!" the teenagers chanted in unison, before they all parted ways to find the girl. lauren noticed johnny shoot for the stairs and she felt a sigh of relief. kenzie always hid up in their loft and she had been worried that johnny wouldn't think of checking up there. as soon as he was out of sight, the three girls just laughed.
"so how long till we go and get them"
"we'll give it a while

"KENZ! I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE" johnny screeched at the top of his voice climbing up the stairs to his loft.
shoot she thought had i made it that obvious?
the dirty blonde made his way to where she was hiding, a grin playing on his lips. the two fell into a fit of laughter until kenzie placed a finger near his mouth.
"they'll come and find us" she started.
"cmon everyone knows you always hide up here" johnny answered her, amused. she tapped his arm playfully.

johnny laced his fingers through hers as he sat by her, taking the time to stare into her eyes. she coughed,however, and it snapped him out of his trance.
"so how are things with you?" he questioned, noticing that she was deep in her thoughts too.
"not bad, not bad at all" she replied. 'not since i met you' she wanted to add. she turned to him and asked the same question.
"i'm good actually" he began "it finally feels like things are falling into place"
kenzie beamed at him, something about johnny being happy made her happy. she rested her head lightly on his shoulder, checking if he would flinch and pull away. instead he rested his head on top of hers. they talked for what felt like a few hours, about friends and their past and what they wanted to do in the future. sometimes there was a silence, but it was never awkward. with them, it was always comforting.

"you know ziegler, sometimes i wonder what would've happened if lauren never found you" he sighed.
"well that would be a real shame orlando, you wouldn't have been blessed by all my talent" she giggled making him blush.
"but, do you ever think about if there's a future for us, you know like touring and making music?" she asked, not expecting him to answer.
"i hope so, i really do kenz, you're my best friend, losing what we have would be a piece of my heart gone" he spoke, staring into her beautiful brown eyes. he wanted to call her more than just best friend.
"john?"
"yeah?"
"i meant what i said earlier about you-"

"found you! finally" lauren, annie and nadia ran up the staircase to the loft smiling sweetly at johnny and kenzie.

————————————————————————
author~ eeh i hope u enjoyed this lil sweet chapter. i had a lot of fun writing it