three

at 3pm in the afternoon, kenzie entered the recording studio with her mom melissa and her sister maddie. to her surprise, johnny was accompanied by not only lauren but his other sisters: darian, maddie and his mother meredith. they each shook kenzies hands in turn.
"kenzie!" meredith started. "johnnys told me a lot about you considering he just met you yesterday"
the brunette let out a giggle. "well i am quite an interesting character"
johnny glared down at the floor, his cheeks burning. thankfully andrew called the two away to warm up their voices.
as kenzie and johnny did their vocal exercises, the two families chattered away, melissa and meredith seemed to click almost as instantly as their children.

"ok so i think you both probably know the words to this song, it's called 'i like me better' am i right in thinking this?" andrew questioned moving his gaze from johnny to mackenzie.
they both nodded in agreement.
"perfect, if you need i have a printed sheet with the lyrics on just in case"

johnnys pov

a few hours had passed. we had to retry recording the song a couple times but that didn't bother me. each time i got to hear mackenzies angelic voice. all i could think about was how much i liked the sound of us together. it was never awkward with kenzie, we clicked instantly. she made me laugh like no one else could, she could be doing absolutely nothing and i would admire her. i had never felt like this before.
i wondered what would've happened if i never met her, if lauren and annie never found kenzies cover on youtube, if my sister didn't dm her asking if she wanted to work with me. i never wanted the day to end, i didn't want to just collab with mackenzie. i wanted to be her best friend, i wanted to be there for her, i wanted to be as close to her as i was to the others. we had only been friends for 2 days but i felt so emotionally connected to her and something inside was telling me to never let her go.
i was so deep in my thoughts i didn't notice andrew and mackenzie laughing at me.

"what?! what's wrong?!" i looked up at both of them.
"we're done john, now do you want to hear the full cover?" she chuckled.
i was so in love with her laugh
"oh yeah i do haha" i replied. she reached her hand out to grab mine and i placed my hand in hers.

favourite whores!

whorelando added kenzie

whorelando
me and kenz finished
our cover everyone say
congrats :)

haydaddy
so ur calling her kenz
now . i see what's
going on 😌

kenzie
what? aha

asher
hold up. y'all made
a cover?

lolo
yes they did and soon
they finna be making
children :)

juulianna
i ship jenzie

nads
annie?!
i came up with it
don't even-

asher
they dating too?
why am i always kept
out of the loop

whorelando
what's a jenzie?
and NOO we aren't
together

haydaddy
don't deny it we know
you luv eachother 😚💗💕💜

kenzie
y'all weird 😭
but no we aren't
together. johnny has
a nice ass voice tho

———————————————————————-
author~ why is asher literally me tho 😭😭 anyways this is a short chapter once again but i included jenzie so yeeyee enjoy n don't forget to vote and comment xoxo