Chapter 7: Cherry Blossom Viewing Party (Pt. 2)

"I found him!" Kit shouted while pointing to the well-dressed male in front of him. River looked at him with an annoyed expression, gripping the clipboard in his hand.

For the past half an hour, everyone had been running around the forest trying to look for the older Bellarose. They thought he had accidentally wandered off somewhere on his own.

Who would have thought that he was standing at the entrance of the forest taking charge of a couple of servants who were carrying some heavy tables and chairs from a wagon? Not to mention, completely embarrassing himself as several passersby were giving him a judgmental stare.

"Wha- what on earth are you doing?" Caspian was the first to ask.

"Bringing in garden tables of course"

"Why in heavens name would you bring in garden tables?"

River turned around to face the vexed expression of strawberry blond-haired man. As if to annoy him even more, he raised both his hands and smiled as he shook his head.

"It's for the viewing tea party. Honestly, am I the only one with common sense around here?"

Caspian felt like this party was going to cut his lifespan short.

'Birds of a feather flock...'

He sighed, covering his face with his hand.

"Please send them back. We have a blanket we can sit on"

"We're sitting on the floor?" River gaped at him in horror. He shuddered at thought of it. As a Bellarose, it would diminish their dignity if they sat on the floor.

"That's the point of the party! It's like a picnic!"

"And exactly what is a... picnic? It sounds torturous if you have to sit on the floor"

Not finding a common ground to compromise, the two of them continued arguing back and forth. Kit was helplessly looking at them with a worried expression, while Charlotte and Ezekiel completely had no clue what on earth was going on. A dialogue box appeared.

『 Oh dear, what should I do? I don't want older brother to be upset but, I really wanted to experience a normal cherry blossom party even if it means sitting on the floor... 』

"Send these back! We'll be sitting on the blankets"

River immediately dismissed the servants who finally finished moving all of the heavy outdoor furniture out of the carriage.

'Are you kidding me?!' they cried, cursing this cumbersome master of theirs in their hearts.

Charlotte, on the other hand, secretly clapped her hands in glee.

"Dear sister, you should experience the party to the fullest," he took his sister's hand while strolling back to their spot. He had completely forgotten his argument earlier.

"... "

Caspian looked towards the sky. He already decided to stop using his brain, since it might be better for his sanity.

"... So I CAN'T use the blanket to keep me warm?" Ezekiel asked to no one in particular. His eyebrows were still knitted in confusion. He thought that if they were sitting on the tables, he could use the blanket instead.

"Let's go, Your Highness" Kit sighed, patting his back.

----

"So what does one do at viewing party exactly?" River crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. He had accepted the fact that he had to sit on the floor. However, it did not mean he was going to do it with a willing face.

Both Charlotte and Ezekiel were looking at Kit and Caspian with questioning looks as well. The three of them had never been to a viewing party before. It wasn't common for the upper-class noble families to celebrate it. Kit and Caspian, on the other hand, seemed to be a lot more experienced seeing as they were directing them this whole time.

"W- well truthfully, I've never really fully experienced one either. Whenever I went with my family, I've always had my face buried in my hands. I only remembered the setup of the party" Kit scratched his forehead bashfully.

"You're shy even around your own family?!" Ezekiel almost half-yelled. For such a tall, broad man, he was much too sheepish. It didn't match his burly figure at all!

"Kyaa! Don't yell at me" he squealed, burying his face in his hands.

"You- Are you sure you're gonna be okay as a knight?" he looked at Kit skeptically.

Well, that rules Kit out as someone who could guide them. Everyone's eyes locked onto Caspian- the only one left to help them.

"W- Well-" Caspian stammered, almost spitting out his drink.

Caspian had in fact been to several cherry blossom viewing parties in the past. 

However, he failed to mention that all those parties were actually ... mixers for him to meet other girls.

It had to do with a lot less viewing and a lot more ... well, it was inappropriate, to say the least.

So technically, not a single person in the group knows what to do at a viewing party.