CHAPTER EIGHT (PART ONE)

"If I was ever to see myself in any of my sons, it would definitely be Hisham! - Hussein Hosseini.

Imagine your greatest fear.

Then imagine it becoming your reality.

A self-chosen reality.

A reality from which there is no turning back...

Ever!

FLASHBACK...

"Good men are for good women."

That is what she had always, very strongly believed in and still did, until...

Today!

A day in which she had supposedly "completed half her deen".

Completed it, but with the wrong man!

She sadly stared at down at her dark henna filled hands, the huge brightly shining wedding ring on her finger, doing nothing but weighing her heart down to its greatest depths.

A wedding ring that had been quickly and forcefully pushed down her finger without him even looking at her.

Tears stained her eyes and she quickly and continuously blinked, causing them to start rolling down her beautiful face as her lips quivered due to immense fear.

Immense fear of nothing but the unknown!

She wiped away her tears, heart growing heavier and heavier as it slowly began to dawn on her on how much alone she was in all of this.

Alone because she was the one who had chosen this.

She was the one who had chosen him!

Therefore, there was no one she could really blame.

Not even her husband- Hussein!

She let out a loud sob as she buried her face in her hands when her mother's much pleading eyes flashed right across her face.

Eyes that had continuously begged, continuously pleaded for her to say no.

For her to simply say no to this marriage!

She sobbed even more loudly as she remembered how tightly her father had hugged just seconds before the Nikah and whispered to her...

"Yasmin, one of your biggest and greatest blessings in life is that you are a woman. The beauty of our religion is that it considers a woman, to be nothing less, than a priceless jewel..."

"A woman is someone who needs to be loved, she is someone who needs to be cherished and most of all she is someone who needs to be protected. That is why she has so many rights. Rights that are meant to do nothing but, protect her, Yasmin..."

"Forceful marriage is forbidden! That is why you have been given the right to say simply say no and that is it. Please I beg you my child, when the Imam asks for your consent, please say NO!"

She however, had ended up saying...YES!

It had now been hours since she had said yes, hours since she had last seen her husband and hours since she had been brought to their hotel's honeymoon suite and still there had been no sign of him.

She wiped away the last of her tears from her face using the ends of her hijab, deep down not knowing if she really even wanted him to show up.

What if he tried to...