Chapter1:Crash

"You're a monster." Ansem grinned as he continued, "and you'll be nothing but that."

"No!" Eleezeeva screamed. She charged towards him unsteadily but was still ready to strike. He dodged every attack, smiling, knowing that he had won the battle.

"You're done, little girl. You're weak just like your mother, and I'll kill you just like how I killed her." He grabbed her by the throat and was ready to finish what he started.

Denali raced to her aid.

"Ellie, run!" She shouted hysterically. With her fangs exposed, she threw her knife towards Ansem and struck his right thigh. He kneeled down in agony and dropped Ellie at his feet.

Denali ran to Ellie's side and was ready to recover her, but only got hit in the back. She dropped Ellie back on the floor.

"You witch," he growled. With the knife still in his possession, he hit Denali again. And this time, the tip of the blade was covered with her blood.

The girl's eye sight slowly faded from the brawl that was about to happen. "I'm weak," Ellie whimpered. Ansem was heading towards her direction to finish her off for good. She lied there defenselessly.

"Denali," She whispered her name.

"Denali..." Eleeveeza didn't know what to do anymore. Then she realized she had to do what was best for her; it was a selfish thought, but she had to live. The young girl was the key, and everyone fought so hard to keep her alive; She wouldn't waste Denali's sacrifice. With all her might, she ran and never looked back, knowing he would just chase like a sick cat and mouse game.

Ellie looked down at her dirt covered jeans. She was so exauhsted from all the running that the pain had finally kicked in from losing too much blood. She slowed her pace down; she just couldn't go on anymore. She lied on the brick wall of the alley before het legs gave out; the girl sat in and wept 'till she felt a strange source of energy.

"No, you're not." A hand touched her shoulder, Ellie looked up to see James shifting closer ghostly.

"You're everything but a monster Ellie. I love you for who you are, and that's you for you. I don't care if you drink blood or kill or whatever; you will still be my Ellie." He grinned.

Ellie shook her head. The flows of questions were racing as fast as her heart.

"No, you're dead," she repeated as a whisper, "You don't exist."

James looked upset and stung by these words. Hurt, he began to sizzle then faded, and so did the world around her.

The wind blew lazily on the clear Saturday afternoon. In the Brooklyn Elementary School playground, a small, sad young girl sat on the swings, pushing herself back and forth slowly. The crimson eyes were locked on the ground before her as the image of her mother's face reran itself in her mind repeatedly.

"Honey," the mother assured her daughter, "You know you're supposed to be inside the house before four."

"I'm sorry." The little girl smiled and tried to wiggle her way out of trouble while playing with her long curly brown hair. She touched a strand here and there.

"Don't do it again, Eleezeeva, or you're going to be in a huge trouble," the mother clarified herself, handed the little girl a apple juice, and went back to cleaning the kitchen.

"Mom," the girl asked, looking at her mom with a dead face. Her big grey eyes with blue rims around her pupil stared at her mother as she took a sip of her apple juice. After a min of silence, you could tell she had something bothering her. "Where's daddy?" Eleezeva cocked her head; her gaze was so intense she looked like she was much wiser than portrayed.