¹⁵

Rainy And Then Windy
Part II

======

The shop had finally open as customers beginning to enter. Hearing another pair of customers coming in, Karin quickly went to them to serve them. She recognize them to be one of the regular customers that she serves the past weeks of her working. "Welcome."

The customers gasped at her new look. "Karin, you look different!"

"Hm! You look cuter in that ponytail!"

Karin acted surprised, touching her hair. "Oh, thank you. I heard we need to tie our hair into a ponytail. Does it look good?"

"Yes!"

Karin tried to not smiled and nodded to them, leading them to their table. The girl went over to the counter to serve them water before taking their order. As she pour water on their cup, the two customers beginning to complement her.

"Why not you make this as your regular hairstyle, Karin?"

"He's right! You look beautiful with it."

"Thank you." Still giving them an unphased reaction, it was a victory for her as the two customers blushed to her unphased answer. Suddenly one of them gave her a confused and worried look.

"Karin, you don't look very well."

"...Eh?" Her eyes widened, trying to not touch her face.

"Come to think of it, your face looks red--"

"I'm sure it must be because of your nice complements. It actually touch me." She tried to convince them but still manage to keep her kuudere phase on.

"H-how does she do that without a reaction?!"

She walked off behind the counter to hide from them before feeling her face, it was warmer than this morning. 'I should drink some warm water...'

======

The day gone by quick, as the once sunny noon became a rainy night. Not wanting to wait longer for it to get worse, they decided to close early. Mafuyu look outside, resting her gloved palm on the cold glass. "Oh, it's really coming down."

Kaho stood beside her, looking out as well. "Yeah, it's pouring."

Maika gasped closed by, remembering something. "I forgot my umbrella at school."

Finding this as a chance, the manager of the place decided to help the girl. "I'll walk you to the station!"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

As Mafuyu and Kaho made their way to the exit after they were done changing. Kaho saw one of their kitchen staffs behind the counter as she went to him. "Hey, Akizuki. You might wanna check on Karin. She's in the break room seating down on the floor shaking."

"I told her to go straight home if she feels unwell, but she insist to rest for a bit. Maybe you can tell some sense to that girl, Akizuki."

"Me? I mean, sure." The boy rub his head in confused as to why she and Mafuyu asked him to get her friend but continue on towards the room. He went inside and unwraps the apron around his waist. He then saw the brunette sitting down on the floor near the end of the table just in front of the window.

"Hoyoshi? Why are you sitting on the ground?" Akizuki asked, but didn't get a reply.

He walked closer to see her getting into her game she was playing on her phone. She had change to her outfit from this morning, as her legs were exposed from the coldness of the room. Karin was actually feeling cold and wanted to distract herself by playing a game. She always does this type of method in home.