Chapter 1- How Did I Get Here?

It was morning and the first rays of sunshine peeked through the curtains. Colby stirs around on the mattress. He opened his eyes ever so slowly and sat up from the bed. When he looked around the room, he panicked. The little boy knew good and well that this was not his room. 

"Where...am I?" Colby stutters.  "Who's house is this?" 

Tears started to fall from his cheeks. He was completely petrified. He didn't remember how he got here in the first place. Colby then realizes something, he was not in a regular bed, he was in a baby's crib. The blankets on the crib had zoo animals on it and the wall in the room has some sort of forest theme. There were folded diapers on one side of the corner and a changing table near another corner. At the middle of the room were a bunch of baby toys. There was also a bouncer on the right side of the room.

Colby then wipes the tears off his face and stands up in the crib. He slowly puts one leg out of the crib so he could slide down from the crib. Colby completely stops when he hears footsteps approaching from the other side of the door. He quickly puts his foot back inside the crib and sits. The door knob on the door starts to jiggle. Colby starts to panic again.

The door slowly opens. "Hello, my little man. Did you have a good sleep?"

Colby looked at his kidnapper. He didn't look more than in his late 30's. The man had a big smile stretched across his face. He had light brown hair, a beard, and a mustache. He wore a flannel with jeans and he had fuzzy socks on the bottom of his feet. The man's voice was very seductive and he was kinda handsome.

His kidnapper walked towards him, still keeping his smile. Colby starts to cry again.

"Don't worry, little dude. Jacob's not going to hurt" cooed Jacob. "Please don't cry."

Colby couldn't stop the tears from falling. Jacob frowns and puts his hands around the 12-year-old boy.

He quickly withdraws. "Get...get away from me. Please."

Jacob chuckles to himself. "Don't you worry. I won't bite and there is no need to act like that, either." Jacob once again wraps his arm around the boys tummy. He then picks him up from out of the crib and sat him down on the floor. Jacob then squats down to Colby's level. Colby looked at the man with wide eyes.

"Who...are you?" asked the 12-year-old. "And why did you kidnap me?"

Jacob chuckled to himself. He then puts an arm on his elbow. "You're my special, little, baby boy. You belong here and this is your new humble adobe. My name is Jacob and I'm not here to harm you, I'm here to accommodate you and make you feel at home."

"But that doesn't answer my question. Why...did...you...kidnap...me?" Colby asked once again, but slower so he could get Jacob to understand the question.

Jacob smirks. "Nothing can get pass you, huh kiddo? You look so much like my own deceased son and I thought you were the perfect lad to take his place."

Colby was surprised and sad. He didn't know that Jacob's own son died. 

"I'm sorry for your loss" Colby said sympathetically. "But still, that gives you no reason to kidnap me and take me from my own family. I want to go home. I want to go home NOW."

"That's not gonna happen, boy" Jacob said. "I won't let it happen. This is your new home, whether you like it or not."

Colby hung his head. Jacob made him look into his eyes.

"I know you miss your parents, but I miss my son. Think about it, you'll tend to like it here" reassured Jacob. "OH...almost forgot. I have to get you into your diaper."