Chapter 10: Aftermath

Photo on the side: Emily (instead of that neon yellow imagine a brighter gold. I don't know how to edit pictures and there isn't exactly a gold wolf running around)

My steps towards Jessica were so slow and intimidating. I saw her fear from the moment I got on my four paws. My teeth were showing, my eyes were narrowed in on only one object, her, my prey. Beside from all of this my wolf was pretty big so if she didn't feel the way she did now, she was just plain stupid.

I growled at her before taking another few steps in her direction. I prepared myself into an attack position, and that's when she started to run backwards. Oh hell no. I jumped over whatever was in my way until I reached her again, stopping her on her tracks. I growled again, but this time it wasn't a threat it was a promise. I was getting to her. 

Once again my body prepared itself to jump on her but my dumb mate got in the way. I immediately stopped in my tracks with a growl directed at him.

"Emma, please calm down. Let's not do something you'll regret later on" Xavier said to me but I wasn't paying attention to him. My eyes and ears were watching the prey, making sure she wasn't getting away. "Come on we just talked about how we were going to control our emotions,  I know you can control this better than me".

I looked up at him before I barked and moved him with my snout. He may be stronger than me when we are in our human form but right now, he cannot stop me. And I don't understand why he would want to. If it was the other way around, the guy would've been dead already. 

Jessica did a warrior cry, I guess, and shifted into her small wolf. And I mean like extremely small. Especially compared to mine. She seemed like a pup, and there is not even pups in the werewolf world. We shift when we are already teenagers, and she seemed like if a 8 year old got her wolf for the first time. 

I jumped on her and pushed her into the ground, holding her down with my paw. My wolf's weight was not letting her even move. 

I bared my teeth at her but when I was going to strike I saw how scared she looked. This little pup under me was literally trembling. I even started to feel bad for her. I have been in the position where an Alpha had made me feel this terrified, it's what I lived with for years. 

I sighed internally and got off her. Hoping I would not regret this later. I channeled all of my anger and let out the meanest growl I could muster, it felt like the house shook. She stood up slowly and bowed down in surrender. 

A part of me was hoping she would try to attack one last time just so I could have an excuse to snap. But she was surprisingly smarter than that. 

I looked away from her and she got the point because she ran out of the door more quickly than I have ever seen her move. I turned my attention to the other people in the room to see them staring at me in shock. 

Shit, I was so reckless. I wasn't supposed to show my wolf, especially not this way. I looked like a uncontrollable ass now, in front of my mate's family. Fucking great. 

I went under the table and shifted into my human form so that I was covered with something at least. Now I'm naked in this cold ass floor. 

I looked up to see Amelia covering Harry's eyes and Lana tried to cover Xavier's but he just glared at her. He tried to not look at me but his gaze turned to me every few seconds.  

"Let's get you some food" Lana said kneeling in front of me and I nodded before standing up slowly and covering myself with my hands before rushing into the nearest bathroom.