001

"Mommy! Watch this!" I hear my 7-year-old say and proceed to do a back handspring

"Mommy! Watch this!" I hear my 7-year-old say and proceed to do a back handspring. "Good job sweetie!" I say in praise and she smiles brightly. "Daddy's home!!" My four-year-olds say and the kids go running inside. I follow and greet my husband who was just bombarded by our six kids. "Alright, kiddos. Go clean up outside and then wash your hands before dinner. Ok?" I say and they all say ok and run off to the backyard. "Hello, beautiful." He says and kisses me. "How was your day?" I ask him after pulling away. "Boring. I hate running this stupid company." He grumbles. "Then why did you take it over? You have three older brothers." I say. "Because I want to give you and our kids the best life possible. Build our dream home, go on lots of vacations. But instead, we're living with my parents and I rarely get to spend time with you." He says and we walk into the living room. "Babe, we only have to live with your parents for a little longer. Then we can move into our house. And you are aware that you can work from home on the days you don't have meetings. Right?" I say. "Wait that's allowed?" He asks. "When you run the company. Yeah." I say. "Why haven't I been doing that the entire time?! Starting Monday I work from home." He says and I laugh. "Mommy, before I put the mat away can I show daddy what I did today?" Kensley asks. "Of course sweetheart," I say and we follow her outside. "What'd you do today pumpkin?" He asks. "You'll see," Kensley says and goes to the mat. She does her back handspring. "Woah! You got that today?" Hayden asks. "Yep! And I did it all by myself. With a little help from mommy." She says proudly of herself. "That's awesome! Soon you'll be a professional gymnast!" He says. She takes care of the mat and then we go inside for dinner. "I want to do dance!" Sailor says. "Me too!" Oakley says. "What kind of dance do you want to do?" Hayden asks. "All of them!" They reply. "I'm sure we can make that work," Hayden says and they start grinning from ear to ear.
After dinner we let the kids play for a little longer and then put them to bed. Once we know they are asleep we head to our room and Hayden shuts and locks the door behind us. "Hay, the kids are asleep. You don't need to lock the door." I say and he kisses me roughly. He picks me up and lays us on the bed, him on top. We make out for about ten minutes and then get changed for bed. "Goodnight Baby." He says. "Door." I point at the still locked door. "Shit that's right." He says and gets up. "Language," I say. "Sorry, Princess." He says and unlocks the door. We soon fall asleep.

Banner made by: anushikhawrites