nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN: reaction
December 22nd 1995
( did someone say random and casual LGBT+ representation.... no? Too bad ( definition for sexualities mentioned in the authors note ) also peep me trying to fit way too many topics in one chapter. )

The call had ended about fifteen minutes ago and everyone had moved on over to living room; Teddy and his parents - including Sirius - kept on talking like there wasn't an end date to their time together; Roxanne, along with her brother and boyfriend, chatted with her dad and uncle about pranks and the future and Angelina and the joke shop; Lorcan and Hugo cuddled in one of the couches just like Alice and James did; Molly talking to her husband and children and grandchildren about how much she would miss them; Scorpius and Albus sat on the floor together with rose and laughed along at whatever jokes Sirius cracked,

While Albus and Scorpius had their 'oh our parents know we are gay and dating talk', Ginny and Harry listened in. They knew it wasn't right but Albus kept screaming so it was impossible not to catch a few lines. Harry couldn't believe how much he had failed as a dad as he heard Albus say: "It doesn't matter to him if I'm bi, my dad always wished i wasn't his son and that won't change... nothing to do with who i snog, like i said before" Harry also couldn't believe how much faith Ginny had on him, thinking that they could still fix this.

"Jamie?" Alice muttered as she turned over to look up at her boyfriend he couldn't help but grin. "I love you.. and I'm going propose to you someday," she said effectively taking James and everyone in the room by surprise because while this was expected from James Sirius, Alice rarely publicly showed how much she loved her boyfriend. "you are? Thought that was my job" James answered, Roxanne leaned over to the couple and hit her cousin across the arm "don't be sexist" She said. James shook his head "I meant that I already got the ring" He explained "too bad... I wanna do it" Alice said with a shrug, 'accidentally' jabbing her shoulder onto James' chest. "we'll see who does it first" James winked, both of them really loved a good competition - even if Alice always won. "alright... I'm going to win"

"are we thinking yellow or lilac for the wedding decorations," Alice asked, lazily drawing some sort of shape on James hoodie sleeve that wrapped around her chest. "lilac, obviously. Yellow washes me out" James said with a 'duh' tone as he pointed at his purple hoodie. Alice laughed and nodded "whatever you want babe, as long as the cake is chocolate," she told him "of course it's chocolate, do you think I'm a bloody monster?"

Roxanne laughed at the exchange James and Alice had, she nuzzled closer to Frank "Oi, lover boy" Frank raised an eyebrow at her but he opened his arms and let her cuddle in, "yes Rox" He said in an amused tone "making it clear, we aren't getting married until we are actual mature adults" Roxanne said, she waited for Frank to give her an actual reply after he finished nodding frantically "thank Merlin, I mean I wasn't going to say anything because I know your family married young and I love you so fucking much but we are not ready" Roxanne was often taken aback by how much he could act like his dad while looking like an actual carbon copy of Hannah abbot save his brown locks. "wash your mouth longbottom" She replied and then nudged her twin brother with her foot "pretty sure you just don't want Freddie-boy here as your brother-in-law" Freddie scoffed and almost pushed Roxanne of the couch "Well, as much as I love this idiot that I have as a best friend, I don't know if I'd want to officially be his brother just yet" Frank said while Freddie and Roxanne continued to poke each other to see how cracks first. "Besides as the eldest, i want to marry first," Freddie said, putting a hand on his chest and acting like he was about twenty years older than Roxanne. "you need a date for that"

Ron, who had been enjoying some small talk with Hermione, Harry and his sister, turned to his youngest son. "Hugo?" He asked the boy perked up from his place on the couch and Lorcan sat up making Hugo wince since Lorcan had apparently forgotten who he was laying on top of. "Yes, dad?" Hugo sounded as if he had just been woken up. Ron frowned slightly as he asked the next question that had been creeping in the back of his mind for days "are you dating Lorcan?"