Chapter Twenty

Around one in the morning, I could hear the thunder roaring through the sky. Groaning, I rolled over as another flash of lighting lit up my room. I loved storms, but storms in the middle of the night were annoying. They always woke me up when they lit up my room or raddled my windows. I could hear the heavy rain, which was honestly quite soothing to listen to all night.

       Listening to the storm for about ten minutes, I decided I needed a bottle of water. There was no way I was going to sleep easily, but if I got myself some water, maybe I could get myself to sleep. So, I slowly stood from my bed and walked to the kitchen to grab a water bottle. Opening it up, I drank about half the bottle before heading back towards my room. As I got to my room, I heard noise coming from Willow's room, it was as if someone was crying.

     I wasn't sure if it was the tv or Willow, so I opened the door and seen her sitting up on the bed, small tears running down her face. I quickly set my water bottle down on top of her dresser, before walking over to her bed and sitting down. I pulled her into my lap and hugged her to me.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"The thunder is scary." She whimpered, as she buried her face in my neck.

"Why didn't you call for your Daddy? He has a monitor in there to hear you." I asked, but all she did was sniffle.

"Mommy didn't like me waking her up." She whispered, causing me to sigh.

"Well, Daddy and I are nothing like that. You could've called out to him or me, I would've heard you if your Daddy didn't." I said, though she just shrugged.

     As I held her to me, I felt her tears finally stop hitting my top. I wondered if she was asleep, but as soon as I went to lay her down, her arms tightened around me.

"Don't leave me." She cried, causing my heart to break.

"I won't. How about we go to my room, its got a bigger bed." I said, as she nodded.

      Picking her up with me, I carried her out and right into my room. I laid her down on my bed, and then walked around the bed to lay next to her. As soon as I laid down, she snuggled herself into me. I smiled to myself, slowly falling asleep once I knew she was out for the night.

*******

"Oh thank god." I heard, waking me up.

      When I opened my eyes, Willow was still asleep beside me, facing me. Her hands were near her face, as she was laid very close to me. Looking over, I seen Ronnie standing by my door with a look of relief on his face.

"What happened?" I asked, as I sat up in bed.

"I thought I lost her. I went into her room this morning to check on her, since I had to pee, but she wasn't in there. I almost had a heart attack. I don't know what told me to check in here, but I'm glad I did before I had a coronary." He replied, as I smiled and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Yeah, I was awake because of the storm. I had went and got a water bottle, but when I passed by her room she was crying. So, I went in to her room and she was sitting on her bed with tears rolling down her face." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Why didn't she call out for me, or come to my room and wake me?" He asked, almost sounding worried that his daughter didn't like him or something.

"Apparently Chrissy didn't like it when Willow woke her up at night. I told her she's more than allowed to come get you or even me, if she wakes up in the middle of the night." I replied, as he nodded.

    Once he had walked away, I sighed and laid back down on my bed. I felt as if I had gotten barely any sleep, but it wasn't because of Willow. It was mostly because of the storm and my own head. My mind had been racing all night, even though I was asleep, which irritated me to no end. I was shaken out of my thoughts, when I felt Willow moving next to me.

"Good morning." I said, when I seen that she was awake.

"Morning." She answered, as she sat up in bed.

"You want breakfast?" I asked, causing her to nod.

"Do you have cereal?" She asked, though I shook my head.

"No, but I will send someone to get it right now. What kind do you like?" I asked, as I got up from the bed.

"I don't know. Mommy got Cheerios." She replied, making me nod.

"Well, my mom will get something better." I said, causing her to smile.

     I grabbed my phone and quickly texted Gemma to pick up some cereal for Willow, as well as other breakfast foods kids like. I knew she'd know exactly what to get.

"C'mon, let's go meet your Daddy." I said, making her nod.

     She crawled to the end of the bed, before standing up and opening her arms. Chuckling and rolling my eyes, I picked her up and carried her into the living room where Ronnie was. She had her face buried in my neck, as her arms were lightly thrown around my neck. I sat down next to Ronnie, causing Willow to pick her head up and then crawl into her Dad's lap. Smiling, Ronnie wrapped his arms around her and held her close. I knew he loved his daughter so much, and seeing the sight in front of me caused me to smile. I was honestly glad I had them living with me...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I think Willow and Hazel's relationship is adorable. Also, the little girl in the media would've been so much better with dark hair, but the picture was too cute to just pass it up.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx