Chapter 08 - Always (July 14, 2020)

chapter tw: loss of a loved one, guilt

Date posted: July 14, 2020

Chapter 08 - Always

"Your lolo is here?" Hindi makapaniwalang saad ni Glenda as she sips her favorite Occhipinti wine. "You're such a brat, you know. Kinuntsaba mo pa talaga 'yung matanda."

Glenda just landed in Roissy Airport a few minutes ago. She only allowed her assistants to take her baggages to the hotel as she went to the her and Luntian's favorite restaurant— Le Trivium. The nearest one from the airport.

The white interiors of the resto and its high ceiling made the women's colorful attire really stand out.

"Of course..." Luntian smiled. "I'd do anything for him."

"You'd do anything for Perci or you're just doing this for your self? So that you'd be happy?"

"I'm already doing everything, for... Mark." Ani Lulu. Too late for her to take note of how Glenda calls Mark as Perci.

"What did your lolo say? Hindi ka ba niya pinigilan sa kahibangan mo?"

"Nothing. He even shook his hands."

Natawa si Glenda.

"When we were young, sabi ko, I really envy you because you have overprotective brothers, and a very kunsintidor na lolo. I thought it was nice you know. But looking at you now, it seems like it's really a recipe in producing a spoiled brat like you."

"Grabe ka makapagsalita minsan ah." Luntian raised her voice a little, but she still maintained the smile in her eyes. Si Glenda lang naman talaga ang nakakapagsalita sa kanya ng ganito. "Don't act like you can really see the makings of every person. Even though you study behavior, some people will just you know... go off character sometimes, and may surprise you."

"Like you. You always surprise me."

Luntian chuckled. 

"Ilang taon ka na ba tayo, Lu? We're nearing our thirties. We're supposed to be behind of our times where we just play around."

"I'm not playing around, Glendie?"

"So what are you doing?"

"I'm helping the guy I love."

"You love this guy?"

"I think so."

"How do you even know you love him? You barely knew him."

"How did you even know you love your husband?"

"Oh c'mon, Joshua and I have known each other for a long time."

Napangiti si Luntian. She wanted to say something more. She wanted to ask if the time you're acquainted really matters in love. But she just kept quiet knowing Glenda is armed with so much knowledge about feelings and emotions. 

"Isa kang baliw, Luntian."

"Siguro nga." She downed her wine. "But aren't we all?"

Umiling lang si Glenda at tinawag ang waitress.

Lumapit ito to take their order.

"The usual?" Tanong ni Glenda habang tinuturo ang madalas nilang kinakain doon.

Beef filet ( 6.35 oz ), sliced potatoes cooked in butter, pan fried foie gras, gravy sauce