Chapter 6 Part Two

And finally the long awaited part 2. Sorry for the wait, it's been a rough finals and trying to get used to the fact it's almost Christmas. TWO DAYS. JUST TWO FUDGING DAYS. YASSSSSS.
Let me tell you something. I absolutely love reading all the comments. Not only does it continually remind me that I need to get my ass up and update but it makes me smile every time because I always feel like each chapter could've been done so much better.
Thank you so much for reading and if you've endured the wait this far than I applaud you. I hope this is as exciting for you guys as it is to me.

Just a heads up there's a little surprise in this chapter ;) and it my be a little confusing at first but just stay with me xP

Today's the day. The game is in only three hours and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous to go. I had never gone to the game to actually root for anyone. The first time I even went to a football game was to make fun of a jock that tried playing with a broken ankle.

Idiot. He was hobbling all over the field the entire night. I didn't feel bad considering he was my bully freshman year before he moved.

'Im passing over you like a satellite so catch me when I faaaall' oh shit I guess maybe I should answer my phone.

"Conner where are you!?" A squeal came through. Damn that girl is so loud.

"Getting ready what do you think?"
"Do you need help!?"
"No."
"You sure?"
"Positive."
"I'm coming over anyways!"

Great. That girls gonna kill me one day. Okay maybe I've been in my closet for a good hour trying to figure out what to wear, but that's normal right?

It was only about ten minutes before Lily stormed into the room, immediately pulling a pair of black skinny jeans and a deep blue shirt from my closet. "School colors it's tradition."

"Oh fun." I groaned as I slid everything on, much to her delight.

"Mister hunk won't be able to resist you if you end up in your underwear." She waggled her eyebrows.

Oh god can I hurt her yet?

After trying my absolute hardest to fix my hair, Lily took over and threw silver converse at me when she finished. "Let's go! We can't be late!" She chirped.

Oh boy here we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV ;)

"Ryder get your ass out there and stretch! We don't need another injured player!" That horrid old grouch shouted. Yeah ok maybe my constant need to make sure I didn't look horrible even though I was going to be wearing a helmet was annoying, but I can't help it! I never have anyone I know, other than a bunch of soon to be street hookers that stalk me, actually come watch me play. Just me. Not the entire team.

Should I really be this nervous? Is this normal? I've never been this nervous for a game even if it's the finals! Seriously am I okay?

Next thing I know I'm being knocked out of my daze. Literally.

"Hey Ryder what's bothering you man? You've been out of it for the last few weeks." I turn as I recognise the voice that knocked on my helmet. It was a friend of mine that we all just call Stitch.

"Nothing I'm fine I promise." Wow that could've sounded way more convincing.

"Dude you know you can tell me anything." His voice grew soft, making me sigh.

I really could tell him anything an he knew basically everything about me. Everything except for the weird feelings I'm getting every time I go near Conner. That I've decided to keep to myself for now.

"I know. I fine we have I'm just.... A little nervous for tonight."

"Just relax. There's nothing different about tonight's game than any other game."

Damn I wish he knew how wrong he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conner's POV

Holy shit I'm here. I look hot and I'm here.

"Conner you really need to learn not to talk out loud."

Shit.

"Still hear you."

"I know I know!"

I don't know how long it actually took for us to get to school and actually find seats on the cold bleachers. It was packed! Why are these things so popular? I'd way rather be at home fantasising than being at a grungy football game waiting to see the single hottest guy in scho-

No. Just no. Don't need to get my hopes up for down thing that won't happen.

"Hey Conner look who I see." Lily said suggestively and motioned over to the players as they jogged out from behind the gates. Huh. Number 7. I wonder how many times lucky number 7 has gotten lucky after a game.

His helmet was on but I could clearly see that he didn't glance up at the bleachers even once. He was probably just joking when he wanted me here. It's probably just all some big joke.

This is gonna be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV

Is six too many times to look for Conner? Maybe? I don't know he's probably not getting here till later and I'm just going crazy. Yeah that's gotta be it.

"Alright boys let's do this!" The coach shouted as all of us ran through the metal gates. I kept my eyes on the field, mostly to keep from tripping over my own feet. It wasn't until we stopped in our positions, that I took a quick glance at the stands. I would be lying if I said I didn't smile when I saw that boy sitting there.

Damn I really need to focus before they turn my head into a bowling ball.

It's time to show them what we're made of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conner's POV

Wow that seemed faster than i expected. We started out the game nice and then next thing I know it's all over. Our team won so quickly it didn't even seem like a game. It didn't take long for the cheers to die down and the overly hormonal crowd to dissipate. It was nice to actually be able to breathe with all the sweaty people leaving.

I took my time getting down the steps in fear I would loose balance at any minute from lack of sleep. Do these things always run so late? Probably. I don't know.

It wasn't until my feet hit the grass and I noticed that everyone disappeared when I felt a presence behind me. When I turned around it was like the wind was knocked out of me.

"Hey Conner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV

"Hey Conner." Wow I'm surprised I didn't stutter. He looked amazing. Even for the fact that it was something he's probably worn a million times... He just looked... Different.

"Oh uh hi Ryder." Wait is he nervous? Why is he nervous?

"So did you like the game?" Stupid stupid stupid.

"Yeah it wasn't bad." Ok I need to just take the chance. What could go wrong right? There's no way I could fuck this up... I hope.

"Hey you know I should probably go it's late." No no no he can't leave now.

Just as he turned around I grabbed his hand. "Wait."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conner's POV

Oh fuck he's holding my hand and why does he have that look on his face?

Let's just say I could've never expected what happened next. All I knew was that his hands ended up cradling my cheeks and all I could feel was his soft lips on mine.