Chapter 4

The next morning, I couldn't help but groan as I trudged into a cold shower. So a certain someone might have made their way into my dreams for the first time in a year, and let me tell you it made an impact on a specific body part.

"Conner hon someone's at the door for you!"

Who could possibly be at the door at 6 on the morning??

I quickly finished rinsing my hair and hopped out, draping a towel around my waist before making the trek downstairs. My mom and brother were already used to me walking around in nothing but a towel so it didn't really surprise me that all I received was an eye roll from both of them.

Just as I saw the figure in the doorway, I immediately regretted only having a towel.

"Hey Conner." His voice didn't exactly help anything at the moment.

Why was Ryder at my house? Then again why am I standing basically naked in front of him?

"Uh I'll be right back!" It took me what seemed like seconds to run back up the stairs. I didn't look much at what I threw on, but I did take a peak in the mirror.

Black skinny jeans and a blue hoodie.

Eh, good enough.

Once back downstairs I noticed my mom holding my stuff in her hands. "I guess you aren't walking today so hurry up and put your shoes on. You don't want to leave him waiting." She jerked her thumb Ryder's direction. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I slid on my black converse.

"I can walk perfectly fine it's not a big deal."

"Nope."

I turned and looked at the dark haired hottie. A smile was stuck on his face as he watched me. I don't know if I was just seeing things, but his eyes almost seemed to be looking me over. A sharp creak broke my thought process and I looked to see my brother opening the kitchen cabinets. Probably in search of the pop tarts I ate yesterday.

My eyes eventually returned to the uninvited guest and I groaned once more. "Can't I just walk?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

Damn.

I was hoping I could get through the day without being having to deal with a certain brown hair blue eyed model.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After much struggling and the occasional distraction, Ryder had eventually pushed me into his car.

It wasn't like I had a choice it started raining!

"Conner stop moping its only rain."

Ha! He thinks I'm upset because of the rain! Couldn't have possibly gotten it more wrong.

"Whatever." I sighed and leaned back in the passenger seat. For the last few minutes a single question had been rotting a hole on my brain, waiting to be answered.

And then it slipped out.

"How come you want me to come to your game on Friday so bad?" I didn't realize until after I had said it that my voice came out a bit rushed. It only seemed to take a few moments before his expression changed from the overly happy grin to an almost weary half smile.

"Well uh... That's a funny story actually..." He mumbled and glanced my direction. Before I could say a word, we were parked in front of the school and he was out the door.

Well that definitely didn't answer my question. Maybe Lily will know something... She does know basically everything about everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Conner where have you been!?!" She yelled practically breaking my eardrums in the process.

Well I found her faster than expected.

"Home like a normal person. I don't get to this hell hole hours early like you do." She rolled her eyes and continued in her locker. "Now what did you need from me before I throw a book at your face?"

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the grave.

"I need to know what's so special about this weeks game." I asked quietly, hoping she had heard me.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Yep nothing. It's just like any other game. It isn't the homecoming game and it's nowhere near prom time. We aren't going against anyone special. It's just a normal game."

Huh.... Then why does he want me to go so badly...

"What? He? Who do you have you eyes set on this time?" I looked back at lily and deeply regretted it.

"I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Of course you did." She grinned and slammed the metal door shut. "Now who's the lucky son of a gun who's gonna make you sore?"

Well if that wasn't the most embarrassing sentence ever than I don't know what is.

"Ryder..."

"Wait the Ryder?"

"Yep."

Next thing I knew she looked like a kangaroo. "I knew it!" And then she was gone and around the corner of the hall.

Seriously what is it with people ditching me today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaaand that was chapter 4 folks! xP sorry it's a bit short I can't really tell how long it is from my phone. Eh I'll try my very best to make the next chapter longer despite writers block and bad Internet connection DX