𝐱𝐯𝐢. the vampire rescue squad

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the vampire rescue squad

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 to wait long. She tapped away at the flawless keys of the piano, little melodic notes filling the air as the sun shone through the open doors of the balcony. Each breeze brushing past her lightly though she was perfectly warm inside of her cozy hoodie. Only a few minutes had passed before a knock sounded on the other side of her door, Hayley's head popping inside as she carefully opened the creaky door.

"Hey, are you okay? I heard you and Marcel having your uh, argument."

Ophelia smiled lightly and beckoned the wolf inside with a hand, "I'm fine Hayley, what about you?"

The wolf slumped onto Ophelia's bed with a groan, her hands tracing circles into her bulging stomach, "Klaus is sending the vampires to kill my family and there isn't anything I can do about it."

Ophelia stared at the woman, watching the frown on the wolf's face deepen as she continued to think about the bloodthirsty vampires that were getting ready to go and feed on whatever family she had left in the world. Ophelia rose a brow, her fingers tapping at one last key of the piano, "Nothing you can do? We can go help them, or warn them, whatever."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, Hayley. That's your family out there and I'm sure if I called Elijah and Rebekah, they wouldn't mind helping." She chuckled lightly as she wandered over to the wardrobe to pick out a jacket, "Elijah is adamant on paying me back for saving your asses."

A knowing grin licked at the wolf's lips as she sat upright, "Oh, I bet he is."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, nothing... just the fact that Elijah looks at you as if he's never seen a woman before."

"No, he doesn't." Ophelia shook her head in bemusement. The siphon and the suited original were closer than the others, trusting of one another, but there was certainly no way that Elijah Mikaelson looked at her 'as if he'd never seen a woman before.'

"He does! He's been kind to me ever since we met, but with you? Come on, Ophelia!"

The siphon shook her head as she closed her wardrobe with a little more force than necessary as she clutched her black windbreaker in her hands. It may have sounded strange, but in all honesty, she truly hoped that it wasn't the case; that Elijah didn't see her that way.