𝐱𝐯. the king of the quarter

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the king of the quarter

━━━━━━━

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 finally returned back to the abattoir, what was waiting for her and what had transpired in her absence didn't necessarily shock her, no; she was more surprised that it had happened so soon.

Marcel caught her arm as she wandered in and told her of what he and Rebekah had tried to do. They had set a trap for Klaus, over one hundred day and nightwalkers pitted against Klaus. And still, they failed. Klaus reigned supreme, of course he did. He was not only an original vampire, but the original hybrid. They had been utterly stupid to think they could beat him.

As it turned out, Klaus laid down a coin and told the crowd of vampires that the one to pick the coin up and hold it within their grasp, would be spared from his wrath, and when the going got tough, it was Marcel who swiped it from the ground.

Klaus had spared him, but in turn, New Orleans was now his once again.

Ophelia had retreated to her room and in a bout of tiredness, flung her body onto her bed, rucksack and jacket falling to the ground. It hadn't taken long for Klaus to wander into the building, and after a short conversation with Marcel, he approached Ophelia's bedroom, courteous enough to knock and wait for her word to enter.

Ophelia looked up as the original hybrid strolled inside with a small and self-assured smile on his plump lips. It was obvious that he was more than proud of himself for regaining the reigns of the city. "Hello, love. I heard you had quite the hand in helping my brother recover from his bite. Another cure for werewolf venom."

Ophelia shrugged lightly, "I wouldn't say that, I helped him as his fever was dropping, probably spared him of another half an hour of pain. Oh-" the siphon paused as she turned to face him, a genuine smile on her face, "- congratulations, I hear you're the King of the Quarter."

"Thank you." his thanks sounded like he was questioning her, startled even, wondering why on earth she had been thanking him for taking the city from Marcel's tight grasp, "I believe we have some things to discuss."

Ophelia could take a guess at what the hybrid wanted to say; there was no doubt that he would want her abilities on her side, no doubt that if she said no -not that she would- Davina would be used as a bargaining chip. She had told the man that she would help him recover his brother, that was done. But now, he was in charge of the city, and annoyingly enough she actually enjoyed the hybrids company, as well as his other family members.