𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the vampire with a fever

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the vampire with a fever

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 Elijah for a short while, the two spoke of nothing in particular but eventually, the man seemed to have fallen asleep and so, the siphon left him to rest, swiped up her box of Poptart's and made her way outside to join Hayley.

The wolf glanced over her shoulder with a smile as she heard the siphon approach and join her side, each of them dangling their legs off the wooden dock. The water rippled beneath them as small jostles of wind passed them by; it was much better than being in the sauna-like shack.

Ophelia basked in the cooler air and ripped open the box of Poptart's, tearing into the silver wrapper to grab one of the strawberry flavored rectangles. The girls sat in a comfortable silence as they both happily munched away on the sugary treats, Hayley was flicking through an old book and Ophelia could see the neat and cursive scrawls of names, "What's that?"

The wolf's shoulders slumped as she brought her legs up and onto the dock, crossing them beneath herself, "It's an old bible, but there's a bunch of names. One of them shares my birthday; Andrea Lebonair... this- this could be my family tree. Someone left it here."

"Well, you're a wolf, this place is where the wolves used to come."

"There aren't any here."

"There's an original vampire here, even if there were any wolves here, they couldn't come out. Wolves and vampires don't get along."

"Yet here I am, living with an entire family of them." Hayley chuckled, subconsciously rubbing her small baby bump.

"They all care for you though, and the baby. The biggest, badest vampires melting because of a child."

"It sounds weird when you put it like that."

"The whole situation is weird." Ophelia paused as she turned her head towards the young mother to be, "How are you doing, by the way, you said you have no idea what you're doing."

Hayley shrugged and Ophelia could make out the small hint of sadness and insecurity hidden within her hazel eyes before she dropped her head, "I was adopted. My real parents didn't want me and when I turned in the middle of my adoptive parent's living room, they kicked me out... I've been on my own since. How can I be a good mother if I have nothing to go off?"

"You're already doing everything you can to protect your baby, just that alone makes you a good mother. All you have to do is love her, that'll be enough." Ophelia spoke in a voice softer than Hayley had ever heard. She was used to the siphon being confident and assertive. Her voice was powerful and clear, like a queen, and yet then and there, she sounded so kind and it was exactly what she needed to hear. "You'll be a great mother."