A Wife's Tale is not A Son's Tail.

8 – A Wife's Tale is not A Son's Tail.

After their deposition at the police station, John and Areana decided to have lunch at Bernie's. They were brought to their table by George. John quickly began questioning Areana; there was a lot to catch up on.

“So you hired a detective to investigate me. What made you suspicious?”

“Well there were a few things. For one, has I already mentioned, your sex urge had diminished, and that was out of character. You were also becoming impatient and mean to me, which was also out of character.”

A waitress approached the couple and asked if they would like to order anything.

“I'll have a martini and the boy will have a ginger ale. What would you suggest I have as a chaser son.” was Areana's quick response.

“Very funny,” John said , followed a second later with a sarcastic “mother". You could have a Highland Park 16 Year Old.”

“Alright miss, we shall go with my son's suggestion.”

The waitress was a bit dumbfounded “Are you sure, a martini and a whiskey?”

“Yes, please hurry I'm thirsty.”

The waitress left with the order and Areana continued the story where she had left off before the interruption.

“We decided to install surveillance cameras and mikes in your office, your fifth floor play room and your booth at Bernie's. This booth in fact. This is how we found out about the hit-man. She really had you under her spell and slowly drove you to accepting this idea of disposing of me by describing the perfect life that you would have together once I was out of the way. I should warn you, there are interesting videos of you in full action in the love office. The police are holding them as evidence.”

“I still can't believe that I would have agreed to murder.” said John.

“You were not quite in your right mind these last few months before your transference. In fact the MRI showed definite damage to your prefrontal cortex as a result of the cumulative strokes. As you know that’s the part of the brain that deals with empathy.”

“Well thanks for being my guardian angel. By the way you've got to stop calling me son or you'll get arrested for incest.”

Areana looked John in the eyes and retorted: “That is not likely to happen since I will not be sleeping with a thirteen year old boy anymore.”

John was taken aback “You can't do that, I'm a growing boy, I need my daily dose of your honey, Honey.”

But before he could go on the waitress arrived with the drinks. She quickly left after placing the alcoholic beverages in front of Areana and the ginger ale in front of John.

“I think I may have a solution for our dilemma,” was Areana's response as she sipped her martini. “We will need the help of Dr Weinster however, so get your check-book ready."

John grabbed his whiskey and began to sip it has he pondered what his wife was planning.