An Office is Not a Playground

6 – An Office is Not a Playground

The next morning they arrived at the office early; Areana had to introduce John to everyone and explain what happened to him. There was general consternation; the big boss was now a kid and some of the employees were discretely snickering and telling disparaging comments to one another: the big prick is now a little ass hole, hope we don't have to change his diapers now, probably has no chest hair.

Areana showed John his office, since it had been relocated six years ago he would not have found it. On entering, however, he did recognized some of the trinkets on his desk. Small items that served as reminders of past achievements: a sample of Iridium ore from Mars, models of the first borers used to mine on Mars, security awards, etc. There were others he did not recognize; the reminders of more recent accomplishments. Some of the photos on the wall also gave him an eery feeling, especially those that pictured him at an age he did not remember.

Further exploration would have to wait as they needed to get ready for an important meeting of the board to discuss a merger with Venus Ore Mining. After reviewing the papers for a few hours Redmond Orr joined them and answered any lingering questions they had. This was followed by the board meeting where Areana voted as proxy for John. The merger conditions were accepted and champagne was poured to celebrate the new company; Venus Ore and Uranus Mining inc.

Soon after Areana left as she was no longer needed. John returned to his office in order to get re-acquainted with the business. He was soon interrupted by the voice of his secretary telling him that the head of accounting, Ivana Wonder wanted to see him. The name did not ring a bell but he told her to let her in. Must make time to get re-acquainted with the staff.

When she walked in, John was rather pleased with the visual aspect of her appearance; it was eye candy in fact. Ivana Wonder was a tall, red haired woman, probably in her early 30s. She had a beautiful sensual face, full lips, with a bit of a pout, large inquisitive eyes, dark as ebony and a nose Cleopatra would have killed for. The rest of her body was also alluring, especially the long silky legs protruding out of her short tight skirt. He could only think of the Empire State building; a tall slender structure that he wished to climb in order to reach the observation deck.

“Hi John, you don't remember me do you?” Ivana spoke with a inflection that had a definite sexual innuendo.

“Wish I did, did we have something going on?” John wished he could remember, but his mind was blank.

“We have been lovers for over a year now silly. In fact we had lunch a Bernie’s together last week.”

“Really, maybe if we could meet under a more appropriate setting you could show me some things to jog my memory.”

“No problem. There's a room with a large sofa in the storage area on the fifth floor. Only you and I have a key, yours should be in your top left drawer. Meet me there in ten minutes and we can get reacquainted.”

John opened the drawer and, sure enough, there was a single key mixed in with some pens. As he took the key, Ivana walked out of his office. It taxed his patience, but he managed to wait the ten minutes before taking the elevator.

The elevator opened on a floor almost entirely filled with shelves holding various supplies. Looking down the rows of shelves he finally spotted the room. Shelbourne quickly walked towards it and knocked on the door.

The sensuous voice of Ivana responded; “Please come into my love office young master, my door is always open for you.”

The double 'entendre' was too obvious; he must be dealing with quite a seducer. John opened the unlocked door and found Ivana laying across the sofa in a most suggestive pose.

“Wow, you sure don't fool around do you. Were you always this ready in the past?”John asked with his devilish voice.

“Of course John, for you I was always ready. I must say however that I have never made love to a sixty six year old man in a thirteen year old body.”

“And I'm not used to making love to an older woman.” John conveniently forgot about the previous night.

“How about some role playing, I could be your nanny or your ninth grade teacher.”

“As long as you are a strict disciplinarian, I think I may need some spanking.”

“Sounds like fun, but before we start, we need to talk about some unfinished business we were working on before your untimely demise and Resurrection.”

“Business, what kind of business?” John was rather peeved. Talking business was not the reason he had followed her in the room for. The longing of his young loins was hard to hold at bay. “Can't it wait until tomorrow?”

“No I am afraid not. Look before you untimely transference, we had been making plans for ourselves. Plans that would allow us to start a new life together.”

“You mean I was going to leave Areana?”

“Not exactly. You see if you leave her you would loose half your estate, so we were making other arrangements.”

“Other arrangements?”

“Well yes. If an accident were to happen to Areana you would keep all of your estate.”

“What sort of accident?”

“That was not settled on yet, the hit man was going to get back to me.”

“Hit-man, you hired a hit man!”

“Of course, you knew that, we discussed it at length only last week at Bernie’s.”

“Look we gotta rethink this. I don't remember much of the last ten years, you can't ask me to go through with it under these conditions. I don't remember what could have led me to this kind of thing. Sure I'm a philanderer, but I sure as hell am not a murderer. In the memories that remain I still love my wife. In fact, as far as my memories are concerned, I did not know you before this morning. Hell I'm talking about murdering my wife with a perfect stranger.”

“Ok, you are right, this is too much for you to absorb. Lets wait a few weeks and we can talk about it again. Meanwhile come over here, your teacher wants to see what you have for show and tell.” Ivana had begun unbuttoning her blouse, revealing an ample bosom.

“Sorry Ivana, what you've just told me is unnerving, I am simply not in the mood anymore. My show and tell would be miniscule. I've got to think over what you just told me. Maybe we can meet again tomorrow. Anyway, I've got to go.”

John quickly walked out the door and returned to his office. He had trouble believing what he had just heard. Sure he did not have a perfect conscience, hell a cheater never has, but he was no psychopath; he could feel some empathy for others and simply could not have someone killed.

On entering his office he told his secretary to have no one disturb him. He sat at his desk for the rest of the day trying to make sense of what he had just been told. This affair with Ivana would have been the first to be serious. He was used to brief trysts not full blown commitments, hell his marriages were hardly commitments.