Chapter 5

It's not Lucifer's fault.

Your lips are addictive, soft as a pillow but so very expressive at the same time, spilling emotion and hunger and desire into Lucifer's mouth every time your tongues touch. And given that neither of you have pulled away for the past five minutes, your tongues never really stop touching. So Lucifer can barely think about anything else when he's so preoccupied with the sensation of your lips on his, and your delicate fingers as they clench around the fabric of his shirt.

The demon can practically feel the moment he melts into your hand, his body suddenly no longer his own but devoted to serving you instead, every single one of his senses lit afire with your body: your touch, your taste, your sound. He could kiss you for centuries. If you let him, he probably would.

So, truly, it's not Lucifer's fault that his ears, so focused on taking in every rustle of clothing and every breathless moan you release, don't notice the front door opening.

He doesn't move, doesn't flinch, when the sound of disbelieving footsteps approaches, because he genuinely can't hear them—all he knows right now is you.

But that doesn't stop him from blaming himself when Satan finally coughs.

"Lucifer?"

The demon stiffens, feeling your body go rigid in turn.

Abruptly, the two of you pull away from each other and turn to the source of the sound. Lucifer can only curse inwardly, momentarily stunned into silence when he sees each of his six brothers gawking at him in silence.

Ah, shit.

That's all it takes for every single one of his younger siblings to begin cheering and laughing in varying whoops of approval.

"About damn time!" Calls Mammon, already pulling his phone out to snap a picture.

"I always knew you had it in you, Lucifer!" Asmo squeals, clutching a hand to his chest. "I've been waiting millennia for this moment!"

The firstborn demon groans, shifting back into his human form while you do the same. As his brothers continue to cheer and laugh, he can't pinpoint whether he's frustrated at himself for not noticing their arrival or at them for disrupting the moment.

He was enjoying those kisses, after all.

"On the floor, really?" Satan mutters, the only one of his brothers to look away in embarrassment. The intimacy of the moment wasn't lost on the fourth-born, and Lucifer is somewhat relieved for it.

"It was, um," You shuffle awkwardly, detangling your limbs from Lucifer's as you stand up and stare at the ground. "Not supposed to..."

"It was precious!" Coos Asmo, jumping up and down as he takes your hand. "Oh, MC, you must tell me everything! How long has this been going on? Has our dear older brother been treating you properly? Have you two slept together yet?"

"Asmo!" Lucifer hears you exclaim, mortified as you cover your face in embarrassment.

An amused smile crosses the firstborn's face at that, remembering your oh so tempting words from just a few minutes ago. What were they again? Ah yes: I'm okay with being corrupted, as long as it's you. Lucifer chuckles. Where has all that boldness gone?

Still, he steps in for your sake, pulling you to his side protectively. "Enough. I apologize that you all came home to see that. It was not my intention, so cease your bantering."

Cue another round of protests.

"Come on, Lucifer!" Mammon exclaims, arms crossed. "Ya can't just kiss MC like that and expect the rest of us not to ask you some questions!" Next to him, Beel nods vigorously, the orange-haired boy so shocked that he hasn't even run to the kitchen yet, despite having been out of the house for so long. Mammon turns to you. "He didn't force himself on ya, did he? C'mere MC, let me know if he scared ya."