Chapter 32: Jake

[JAKE]

"Hey guys," Victoria waved.

The shock on everyone's face was apparent. Ivy's face had twisted into a sneer as she looked at my girlfriend.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ivy snarled, stepping forward.

Victoria straightened up. "So I realize—"

"You really are a gold digger," Ivy laughed.

Victoria gave her a confused look. "What—"

"You ran out of the money that you stole from us and now you need more, so you're back. Am I right?" Ivy asked, disgust written all over her face.

Victoria's face immediately fell. "Is that what you really think of me?"

"What else could there possibly be? It can't be that you have feelings for him. You broke his heart and left."

Victoria's fists clenched. "I know what I did was wrong."

"Wrong? WRONG?" Ivy's voice had risen to a shout. "It took you four months to realize? Jake doesn't need you. He was getting over you—"

"Ivy," I snapped.

She looked at me. "What? This bitch—"

"Don't call her names," I growled.

"No, Jake, it's fine. Let her do whatever she needs to get her anger out," Victoria piped up. I glared back at her.

"At least she knows she's a bitch," Ivy said, looking over at her.

"Ivy, I've apologized to your brother, and he's accepted it. If he can do that, then shouldn't you—"

"It's cause he's been brainwashed by you!" She spluttered.

"Brainwashed?" Victoria repeated, sounding amused.

"I don't want you here, get out." Ivy pointed toward the door.

"This is my apartment. I decide who stays and who goes," I interrupted harshly.

Ivy whirled back to me. "Are you fucking crazy? She left you—"

"But I'm back now," Victoria said firmly. "Hopefully forever."

"Forever?" Ivy scoffed. "Bitch, if you even think you can leech my brother of his money, you have another thing coming."

"Why do you keep thinking I want money?" Victoria said, starting to sound angry. "In all the time I spent with you guys, did I ever take your money?"

"That's why you signed the contract!"

"Okay, other than that! I even got myself a job and worked for my own income."

I took Victoria's hand and pulled her toward me. "Don't stress yourself out too much," I told her.

"Stress?" Amy said, looking at the two of us.

"Oh my God, you're pregnant, aren't you?" Alex said, sounding like he had solved a case. "That's why you came back."

Everyone looked horrified.

"You're trying to tie him down with a kid?" Ivy cried out.

"Pregnant? Who's pregnant?" Victoria exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"No one is pregnant," I said sternly. "Victoria got hit with three bullets. She can't stress out too much or she'll slow down the healing process."

"You got shot?" Ian asked her curiously.

She nodded. "It's mostly healed, but my doctor said to look out for another two weeks." I fought hard to hide my smile as she referred to Ariana as a doctor.