NATE'S P.O.V

The weirdo was already halfway down the hall, probably late for class or something. I put my stuff into my locker. I still think school sucks a lot. I already wanted this day to end. Following my map, I walked to class.  I was sure I'd ace all my units in 4.0 GPA.

By the time I got there, the door was wide open. I guess Bottom liked teaching with the door ajar. He was a short, stout man. His beard was rather sharp. His glasses dangled around the middle of his huge nose. His eyes were so tiny. I immediately wondered if he saw all blurry. His belly was protuberant. I'd never seen a bigger belly than my dad's... except this particular one.
I felt a laugh coming on at the sight of his bottom.

So that's where he gets his name. My quiet thoughts were interrupted by his husky voice. Almost like he had phlegm just near his throat.

Are you lost?

No sir, I'm supposed to have history with you.

Oh, you're the new student...do come in young sir.

Stares and gazes .
Corny look from a guy I thought to be one of those in the hallway earlier.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened.
I was used to all this attention anyway.

So what's your name?

Nate.

Mr.Bottom stood there, staring at me...only this time, he lowered his glasses lower. It was as if he expected me to say something else. And so, I stared back and gave a weak smile. After like what I guess was I minute, he took his eyes off me and turned to face my new classmates.

So, class, meet the one-named student, Nate. Nate, meet class.

It's my pleasure to meet y'all.

Lurking my eyes around, I could see that on one seat was empty. The girl who sat opposite the empty seat had her attention on something outside. She peered through the window. She didn't even seem to fidget at the commotion in class when I walked in. Her thoughts seemed to eat away at her.

Bailey! Building castles in the air again huh? Stop spacing out and get back to class.

Sorry sir.

And I saw that face. Bailey was her name. Could it be? My heart yipped in excitement.
No way...this couldn't be the girl I had been looking for.  My Bailey was different. This one was a psycho, a weirdo and a loner. It couldn't be. As soon as I took my seat, she turned to look at me. I smiled but nothing. She just started back, emotionless, unmoved. Slowly, she faced the front of the class.

I couldn't help but think that I had finally found her. Something inside me, however didn't want to believe it was her. This was a good start I'd say.

As I was saying class, we have a project. And I need you to partner up. Now that we have a new student, our class is even.

I was excited that my first period wasn't a rather long lecture but just some human professor giving us a project that required pairing up .

As expected, all girls were fighting to be paired up with me. A peaceful assignment turned into a commotion.

Bailey was totally unbothered. She kept drawing. Below her history books was a sketch book. One she didn't want me peeping into.

Somehow, I wanted to work with her. That way, I'd get to know more about her. And at check my first step off my bucket list.
Deep down, I hoped and prayed that I had finally found her.

All the plans I had drawn out during juvee had to come to be. And I wasn't planning on a fail.