~Chapter 4: Problems~

Lafayette sighed as he paced around his room.,  biting his nails and his mind spinning.

He was worrying about Hercules since he hasn't received a letter just yet. Why was he so worried about someone he barely knew?

Lafayette groaned and sat down. Maybe there was something wrong about the mail which was why it was running slow?

Lafayette didn't know but he wished he did. He really wanted to get to know Hercules more. Alex had talked more about Hercules and apparently Hercules had been really busy and maybe hadn't wrote the letter yet.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Lafayette perked up. Opening it, his mother stood there, holding out a piece of paper to Lafayette.  Lafayette looked utterly confused and grabbed the paper, and without another word his mother left. Lafayette shut the door and opened the piece of paper. Smiling when he saw it was a letter from Hercules.

Dear Lafayette,

Sorry this took my forever to write.  A lot has been going on and I forgot about this. Now I shall answer your questions from our last letter

1. My dream job is to be a designer. I love sewing and was making dresses for people which is another reason I haven't answered.

2. I am gay. Although none of my friends know. I like to feel different.

3. People here are nice but there is a lot of homophobic and racist people. But it does have it's light sides which is nice.

4. I plan on visiting France when I graduate this year. I've always wanted to visit. If possible maybe we could meet then!

5. My mom and dad live in Ireland so I don't technically have a home life but I have a dorm.

I really don't know what to ask so we can just talk! Talk about how we're doing!

-Hercules

Lafayette smiled as he read over the letter. He felt even more happy when he read that he was gay and was visiting France after he graduated. They could actually meet! It was going to be awesome!

Lafayette sat at a desk in the room and put a blank piece of lined paper in front of him. He thought about what to write.

Dearest Hercules

I love hearing that you are planning to visit France! I'd love to meet you! You seem like a wonderful person!

Anyway recently I've been trying to paint some things but I can't seem to. I don't know what to paint at all. Maybe you could get me some ideas?

And dont worry about being busy! I would love to see your creations.  Maybe you can send me something if it isn't too much. I do adore beanies and hoodies!

Alex has told me some stuff about you because I told him we're Pen Pals, did I mention I know him? Anyway make sure be doesn't overwork. Laurens started a new job tofay and Alex will be alone at the dorm.

Till next time!

Love,
Lafayette.

Lafayette scanned over his work and added a few changes before deciding it was good enough. He smiled and put the letter in an envelope and closed it, putting a stamp on it. He then went outside and put it in his mailbox.

This was going so well!