Chapter Five

__Shadow stood still as Nate kept his eyes on him. He felt Rouge's hand on his back. E-123 Omega was in its usual unsatisfied posture. Shadow had his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed. The three of them were waiting patiently for Nate to speak.
__"Good morning everyone," He started, sounding rather friendly. "Everything going all right for you?"
__"We're doing just fine," Shadow replied calmly, not breaking eye contact.
__"Good," Nate leaned back in his chair and nodded. "That's good."
__"So, is this mission still happening?" Rouge asked.
__"Yes, of course," Nate said brightly. "Your previous commander informed me of this before he stepped down. He really wanted you three to take part in this." He straightened himself in his chair and pulled out a file. He then opened the file and read it aloud. "Says here there was a shipment of illegal bombs in some of the crates to the Dragoncast factory. We had a couple trainees try to get a hold of these crates before they made it to the factory a few days ago, but somehow they were shot down."
__"Are they dead?" Shadow asked.
__"No, they're fine," Nate said as he closed the file. "But this means the factory has some people protecting these crates, and they'll do anything to make sure no one takes them."
__"So, when we get the crates, where do we take them?" Rouge asked. She had let go of Shadow and placed her hands on her hips.
__"Just bring 'em here. We'll have others to take care of them." Nate stood up and handed the file over to Shadow. "I trust everything should go smoothly?" He asked with a dark tone. His eyes were narrowed as he smirked.
__Shadow kept a straight face as he nodded. "Yes, but we don't get paper files." He then pointed at E-123 Omega with his thumb.
__Nate's ears twitched as he retracted the file. "Ah! I see. Give me a minute here." He set the file down on the desk and opened one of the drawers. It took a minute before he handed Shadow a flash drive. Shadow carefully took it and gave it to Rouge. Rouge then flew over behind E-123 Omega and inserted the drive into it. The big robot straightened as it started gathering up all the drive's data. Once it was done, Rouge took the drive out and set it on the desk. Nate still had this smirk on his face as he examined them. "I can tell good things will come from you three." He then sat back in his chair and nodded. "All right, you're all free to go."
__Shadow took no hesitation in being the first one to leave. Rouge quickly followed behind him while E-123 Omega took its time walking. Rouge made her way next to Shadow and looked at him. "Well...that wasn't so bad."
__"I don't know," Shadow kept his voice low as other agents came into view. "Something felt off."

__Shadow and Rouge were hiding on top one of the stacks of crates outside the Dragoncast factory. E-123 Omega was serving as a distraction. It stood in front of one of the garage doors and started shooting at a forklift. A few guys came out, wearing outfits similar to a S.W.A.T uniform, and started shooting at the robot. E-123 Omega wasn't affected by the bullets since they bounced off it, but it still ran from the garage door and the three men chased after it. Rouge then grabbed under Shadow's arms and flew into the factory, keeping close to the ceiling. She set Shadow down on one of the long lights and they both search the room. Shadow found one security camera and pointed at it while looking at Rouge. Rouge was careful to stay out of its range as she flew over to it. She pulled the wires out and gave Shadow a thumbs up. Shadow checked the room one more time to make sure there weren't anymore cameras before motioning Rouge to come back.

__They finally found the room where the crates filled with illegal bombs were in after hacking into the factory's computer room. Rouge made sure to turn off all the security cameras when they were accessing the computers before they made their way to said room. They stopped dead by the corner they were about to turn when they saw another one of those men by the door where the crates were in. Rouge spread her wings and was about to fly when Shadow grabbed her arm and shook his head. He used his super-speed to get behind the man, but somehow he still saw him.
__"Hey! What are you...!?" But Shadow didn't give him the chance to move. He covered his mouth with one hand and punched his temple with the other. After he was knocked out cold, Shadow dragged him into the room and set him down in the closest corner. Rouge quickly ran in and checked the crates. She managed to open one of them and her wings flapped excitedly.
__"Got 'em!" She said quietly, yet happily.
__Shadow walked over and looked inside the crate. There were different boxes with labels saying what kind of bombs were inside. He then checked the side of the crate and saw a stamp that said extremely fragile. He looked at the other crates and saw they all said it. He counted ten crates in the room. "How does he expect us to bring these back?" Shadow growled.
__"I honestly have no idea," Rouge said as she grabbed her chin. "You can teleport all this with a Chaos Emerald, right?"
__"Yes, but I don't have one, nor do I need it."
__"What?" Rouge narrowed one eye at him. "Since when?"
__"I'm one of the very few beings that has a natural link to Chaos Force," Shadow explained. "I can use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald." He then looked out the room. "Wait here. Omega needs to be with us."
__In less than a second, Shadow teleported to E-123 Omega's location. E-123 Omega was standing in the middle of an opening, firing its guns at the three men, but missing as they always ducked in cover behind boulders. Shadow quickly ran over to the robot and reach his hand toward it as the men started shooting at it. "We found them!" The robot looked down at Shadow and grabbed his little hand with its metal claws. They then teleported back to Rouge.
__"Omega!" Rouge yelled happily. She then frowned when she examined it. "Aw! You got dents and scratches all over you!"
__"Focus!" Shadow sneered. "Both of you get on top of these crates. I need to focus my energy on the whole thing, so watch the door!" Rouge and E-123 Omega both quickly got onto the crates and watched the door. The robot even prepared its guns.
__Alarms suddenly filled the entire building. They could hear running and shouting coming from outside. Shadow gritted his teeth in response. Dammit! Come on! He tried putting all his focus on the crates and his friends, but footsteps sounded from behind him and he whipped his head around. There were more men behind him. E-123 Omega was about to shoot its guns, but Shadow activated his shoes and forced his way through everyone, knocking them down and throwing them against the walls. Once everyone was down he went back to what he was doing. This time he was able to teleport them into the G.U.N. headquarters's lab.