Kaito x Reader

"EYE SPY"

Requested by CSDvivid

(A/N: Here, you're in your twenties and you work at a toy company. You're co-workers with Kaito Shion. You live alone in an apartment and he also so happens to also live in the same apartment building. Opposite your apartment that is)

Enjoy!

Y/N POV...

Ah Mondays. Every human kind's nightmare.

I lazily sip on my coffee as I went through all the files that I was supposed to work on today. And to think they were all due today. Or else I'd surely get fired. What a cruel boss I have.

But then again it's not his fault that I'm lazy. He gave me three days. The whole frigging weekend and I still haven't managed to finish them yet.

Slouching in my seat, my pink haired co-worker walks towards my cubicle, leaning against my desk as she sipped on her coffee.

"You look horrible" she smirks and I give her a fake smile.

"Good morning to you too Luka" her aqua blue eyes move from me to the files scattered around my desk and she shakes her head.

"You still haven't finished? They're due today"

"I know, I know... I just....." I trail off not knowing what to say. I had no excuse. I'm actually surprised that Mr Kagamine still hadn't fired me yet. I wouldn't blame him if he did today.

At first when I got the job I was so excited and I worked extra hard in every task I was given. But then once something becomes an everyday thing... You just.... Start to slack. Especially since I just got the job because I was desperate. My passion lied somewhere else.

"You just lazied around during the weekend didn't you? Welp, look where it got you now" Luka says gesturing to my disorganized table. I pout, sulking internally that she was rubbing the out come of my laziness in my face.

"Just... Just shut up and leave me alone" I grumble and she laughs before walking over to her cubicle.

I stretch my body cracking my neck as well as my knuckles before shifting closer to my desk.

"Ok, let's do this"

Just as I'm about to start with the first file, a familiar scent fills my nostrils. Automatically, my heart starts to beat faster. Raising my gaze from my file to look up at the person, a smile stretches in my lips as I take in this good looking man in front of me.

His dark blue hair tamed though some strands were still out of place, his suit giving him that mature and elegant look I was so damn attracted to. His brows furrowed as he talked to the other person on his phone.

Kaito Shion. The man of my dreams.

He notices me staring at him with a big grin and he comes towards me, patting my head before he goes to sit in his cubicle which was next to mine.  

Something he always did to me ever since the first time we talked. I enjoyed yet hated it.

I enjoyed it because it was the only form of physical contact he allowed. And the gesture always made me warm inside.

And I hated it because it was also something he often did to other little kids.

Kaito knows I have a giant crush on him. Because I told him my self. But I had been crushed when he brushed it off as just a simple attraction and then proceeded to pat my head. It pissed me off that he would call my feelings a mere attraction.