Chapter 9

"You are the Vessel; the container of everything that is evil and monstrous our world has ever known." A serious look crossed Kane's face, letting go of Abigail's hands leaving hers cold.

"I am a what?" Abigail blinked away the tears, wiping her face with her shirt. A look of confusion plastered on her face.

The raven haired man crosses the other room to the enormous window, drawing curtain close giving the room a ghostly hue.

Against the dim background, Kane's eyes glow bright blue. Abigail gasped taking in the mysterious and eerie glow in his eyes. Kane hurriedly turned the night lamp on that sat on the nightstand and as soon as the light flickered open, the blue orbs were gone.

A devilish smile appeared on Kane's face. "Take a picture, it will last longer," he chuckled in a rich velvety voice.

"Will you appear in the photos?" She mused, mildly annoyed.

"Of course I will," he grinned. "I am human, just like you. I'm not a vampire. Although they do exist..." Kane's shoulder shook as he restrained himself from laughing as he look at Abigail's wide eyes.

"However, I am a house to one entity..."

"The panther," Abby cut in a breathy voice.

"Yes..." He replied, his eyes boring in Abigail's face. They seemed depthless, and Abby couldn't help feel like she was drowning in them. They were hypnotic to look away from.

"A long time ago, beasts roamed with our kind-socerers."

"Sorcerers? You mean like Harry Potter?" Abby laughed but Kane's face remained serious. "Oh, you aren't kidding," she faltered.

"How else would you explain everything that has happened in the past weeks?" Kane raised his hand and a small red fireball hovered over his hand. As he moved his hand, his hand the fireball followed; he tossed it in the air catching it mid air in his hand, and it disappears. Abigail's eyes wide in amazement. "How would you explain that? And why you were sent in Ravenwood?"

"What do you mean?" She replied blankly.

"Had you read the pamphlet I had given you on the way here, you would have known that you are a sorceress, too," Kane stifled his laughter, trying to maintain composure as he watched Abigail gape.

Abby remembered shoving the expensive looking pamphlet after Kane handed it to her inside her brown leather backpack. She picked it up on the floor beside her bed and fished out the crampled pieces of paper that were neatly bound. Abby's eyes went wide when she saw the big scripted letters at the print of the page:

Ravenwood Academy, School for Sorcery.

"I guess, I underestimated your dislike for school." Kane stated.

"One of you could have told me directly," she murmured.

"We tried, but you tend to ignore any type of reading that's not a classic book," the raven haired boy chuckled a hearty laugh. "Do you want me to continue?"

"Yes, I'll make sense of this somehow," Abby shook her hear, even more eager to hear more about herself.

"Let's see, where was I?" Kane paused to ponder. "Right, our kind were the only ones who knew about them, and people from the outside-the normal people, muggles in JK Rowling's series" he chuckled remembering the story and how it closely resembled some aspects of their world.

"As I was saying, people without our abilities, thought that many travesties across milleneas were merely nature taking it's course. But that's not entirely true. Many of these events can be associated with beasts running amuck. These beasts are so malignant and wild that even Death, could not conquer them. The strongest ones were called Áthlia af̱tá, the wretched ones,"