Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"No, she's okay..." The female melodic voice stated in confidence, Abigail's eyes fluttered open at the sound of her soothing voice. Abby's eyes curiously watching the stranger.

Towards the foot of the bed, a young woman wearing a cream, lacy, short sleeve dress that extended just above her knees. She racked her fingers through her black locks, her teeth clenched in frustration.

Abigail's eyes wandered in the room making note how extravagant it is. The motif of the room is black and white. The floor was made of black marble while the walls were white. The furnitures were modern, with a slick edge to them that screams sophisticated. Of course Abby knew what extravagant was, she grew up surrounded by it everyday.

The young woman gathered her attention again as she kept pacing back and forth waving her hands, and rolling her eyes to whoever it was on the phone.

"Yes, I know. I am an advanced medical student," There was a slight pause. Then, her eyebrows arched and her pink lips contorts to disbelief.

"What do you mean, I'm not officially a doctor yet," she snapped. "Just because I'm young..." She started again, "of course, I'm offended, you bastard. We've known each other for ages, yet you have no faith in me," replied in an acidic tone.

There was a small pause again but this time the young woman's voice came out more tired than annoyed.
"Ugh, bloody hell, Ashton; stay in your dorm, and get some sleep. Stop calling every ten minutes; I'm telling you, she is fine." She moaned in defeat flopping on the black office chair and shutting her phone. For a moment she shut her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, as if trying to relieve her anger.

She murmured more profanities as she picked the cup of steaming tea off the table.

"Damn that stupid Ashton, his stupid voice, his stupid face, and his stupid body," she groaned in frustration, a faint smile escaping her lips, her cheeks flushed.

She then checked her watch and then glanced towards Abby, pulling the stethoscope around her neck.

The young woman's eyes widen, but then it was quickly replaced with a small awkward smile on red lips when she met Abby's analyzing stare.

"How much did you hear?" She sighed  walking towards Abby and depositing herself on the bed. She tugged Abby's wrist and gently placed her index and middle finger on her wrist to take her pulse.

"Nothing," Abigail lied, biting her.

"Try again," the young woman chuckled, "you can never lie, Abigail," she added, a look of remembrance crosses her face.

"Oh. I apologize, Kane told me the situation," she muttered to herself, seeing her confused reaction. The young lady moved the stethoscope on Abby's chest in every successive breath. "Your memories, never came back."

For a split second, a dark look crosses her face, it looked hard and cold. Then it was gone. She place her stethocope around her neck again, and then extending her hand in front of Abby.

"I suppose I need to introduce myself, again. My name is Grace Maeda."

"Nice to meet you, again, I guess?" Abigail replied extending her hand forward to shake Grace's.

"I'm one of the Guardians," she said slowly as if gauging Abby's reaction about the subject. The only look Grace got from Abigail was a look of confusion.

"I assume, you have no clue what I'm talking about?" She sighs in disbelief mentally cursing Ashton for his lack of engagement in Abigail's awareness of their world. It might not be his fault entirely, but he played a part in deciding to hide her from the rest of the world for many years.