"Who's That Pokemon?"

Faith held out her hand to pet the Pikachu, her eyes sparkling. "Hey there, little guy," she murmured softly. The Pikachu sniffed at her hand, then gave it a soft, gentle lick. It squeaked and crackled with electricity as Faith smiled.

"Aw, he likes you," the professor said with a smile. Faith gazed at the Pikachu softly. It rubbed up against her, just like the Eevee did. Faith's heart melted. "Aww, he's so cute!" She squealed. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you like each other, because this is the Pokemon I'm going to give to you, Faith. I hope you'll accept each other as lifelong friends."

Faith nodded. "I think we already have," she said with a smile.

"Good! Now, I want you two to do some training together on your way home," the professor said. "Might not be a bad idea to bond with each other and level up along the way." Faith nodded again. "Let's go, Pikachu," she said, motioning towards the door. Pikachu jumped down. "Pika?" It said, tilting its head in the most adorable way. Faith giggled. Pikachu ran towards her and climbed up her body, perching its little body on her shoulder.

Faith giggled again and pet her Pikachu on the way out. As she walked out of the lab, an odd ringing noise filled the air. Faith looked up, confused, before the ringing became louder. Faith didn't like it. It gave her a headache, and was straight-up noisy. She covered her ears, eventually screeching to drown out the noise.

Looking up, Faith saw a small flash of blue and a few sparkling effects before something hit her in the head, knocking her out. Wha...?

Faith woke up in a clean room. She was... in her bed...?

Pikachu lay at the foot of her bed, sleeping peacefully. Faith smiled and sat up, wincing slightly. She apparently still had a headache. She reached over to pet Pikachu's head. It twitched and moved slightly before stirring. When it opened its eyes and saw that Faith was awake, it stretched, then scampered over to cuddle with her.

Faith smiled as she hugged Pikachu, stroking its fur gently. "You're a cuddle bug, aren't you?" She murmured softly. Pikachu licked her cheek and nuzzled her.

Faith then remembered. "What was... What attacked us, boy?" She asked Pikachu. Pikachu squeaked. It was almost as if he were saying, "I don't know".