Chapter One

A/N: I only own Alice Parker, all the other characters belong to J.K. Rowling. Please note that I'm not a native english speaker and forgive me if there's any mistake. Enjoy!

My story begins when I was eleven and got my Hogwarts letter. It wasn't a surprise since my Mum is a witch too, but I will never forget the day when the barn owl swooped into my bedroom and left me a yellowish envelope along with a poop.

While I was at Hogwarts I got sorted into Gryffindor; and made many new friends (and a few enemies), with whom I had great moments. I still remember the huge food fight we started in our third year. Poor professor Mcgonagall almost had a stroke when she saw the mess. Even though she took many points from Gryffindor and made us clean it up, it was worth it.

And here I am now running in London's streets, carrying my trunk and cage with my owl in it, wishing I had woken up ten minutes earlier and praying I didn't miss the train because I really want to start my fifth year. Finally, I arrived at the station. I have run into at least seventeen people by now and heard many complaints like ''watch where you're going'', ''are you blind?'', ''you almost hit my head with your trunk''. But I don't care, I keep running.

I was in such a big rush that i didn't see if any muggle noticed me passing through the wall. Thankfully I got on the train just a second before it started moving. I dropped the things I was carrying on the floor, leaned on a wall and started breathing as heavily as i could in order to catch my breath.

I almost passed out but then I heard a girl's voice saying. 'Alice are you all right?'

I opened my eyes and saw an orange blurr. It needed to blink my eyes a few times to realise the girl was Lily Potter.

'Yes I'm fine'

'Are you sure? You look pale'

'I'm just a little tired, that's all'

'Okay, let's go to our compartment' she said and picked my trunk from the floor; I picked the cage and followed her.

She stopped in the middle of the aisle and slid a door open.

'Hi!' I said to my friends who seemed worried. A roar of voices exploded and everyone got up to hug me. The next few hours passed with us telling our summertime stories. When we were finished Albus cleared his throat.

'Guys I have to tell you something' his face straight.

'Don't get your hopes up. He didn't get himself a girlfriend' his brother joked.

'Come on James I am serious!' Albus' face turned red

'He's right' Rose gave James a deadly look and gestured Albus to continue.

'A few days ago Dad and I were talking about Quidditch when he suddenly put his palm on his forehead. Then out of the blue he told me to go to my room'

'Bu-but he c-can't be back' Hugo shuddered in fear.

'What if it was just a normal headache?' I asked trying not to believe in what Albus was implying.

'It wasn't because later that day I heard Mum and Dad whispering in the kitchen something about his scar and a man laughing in his head' he responded.

'Yeah, but all the horcruxes are destroyed. He's dead. He can't be alive again' James said and even though he seemed cool his voice was higher than usual.

'The only thing we can do is to go to Hogwarts library tomorrow morning and search' Rose said with a grin on her face. Unlike James who turned green when he heard the word "library" but he didn't say anything.