Chapter Four

Even though Defence Against the Dark Arts was never my strongest subject but professor Anderson will be my favourite teacher of all time. She is the Hufflepuff head teacher since the previous one, Pomona Sprout got retired.

She reminds me of a really young professor Mcgonagall with her fiercy personality and the awesome burns she gives to everyone who tries to play it smart on her.

'Good morning kids' she said once she entered the class. 'Today we are going to learn the stunning spell'

Both Gryfindors and Hufflepuffs exclaimed their surprise.

'Yeah. This spell doesn't do a lot of harm it just "buys you time". Unless it's used repeatedly on someone especially suffering from heart problems. So, if I see someone using this spell on any person of this school I will make them wash professor Tralawney's teapots for the rest of their lives. Get it?" She said slightly lowering her glasses we could all see her death glare of her hazel eyes.

'Yes Professor Anderson.' The whole class said in unison.

'Great!' Professor Anderson clapped her hands smiling like nothing had happened. With a flick of her wand a closet opened at the back of the class and a dummy dressed in a deatheater's mask walked its way in the middle of the class right next to professor Anderson.

'Let me introduce you to Phil.' She said with a wide smile. 'Now that you are in your fifth year and you learn more dangerous spells Phil will accompany you to almost every lesson from now on. So let's begin by making a row. Who wants to try first?'

Nobody seemed particularly eager because Phil gave everyone the creeps. I imagined how difficult and scary it would be for those who fought with real deatheaters back in the Battle of Hogwarts. My Mum was too young then and they wouldn't let her fight but my friends have told me so many stories of how their parents had faced deatheaters, monsters and even Voldemort. It must have been terrifying.

A Ravenclaw girl finally took the lead and everyone queued behind her.

'Thank you Miranda!' Professor Anderson said slightly disappointed with the student's lack of will. 'Now, point your wand to Phil's chest and say Stupefy. Remember it doesn't matter if you don't succeed it's only your first try.' She patted her back and took a step back.

'Hello Albus, Alice and Rose.' Lysander whispered from behind of us. 'Had a nice summer?'

'Hi Lysander. Hey Lorcan. Really good how about yours?' I asked. I was really glad to see the Scamander twins, they are really nice.

'Divine! We went to Australia with our parents and saw some really magnificent magical creatures.' Lorcan's grey eyes gleamed in awe.

'They were really wondrous! We also vistited the zoo. There were many weird animals like the ones muggles call them "kangaroos"'. Lysander added.

'Wait you've never seen a kangaroo before?' I asked in surprise.

'No.' They twins said in unison

'I have never seen a kangaroo either.' Albus admitted

'What!?' My voice sounded way louder than I expected which caught Professor Anderson's attention.

'Is anything wrong Alice?'

'No, no I... I was just surprise that David didn't cast the spell really well... I mean he is usually really good at the Defence Against the Dark Arts.' I said knowing that my excuse was very lame. I wasn't even sure that the boy's name was David.

'Well, I hope now that is your turn you can do better than him'

My cheeks had a bright shade of red as I raised my wand.

'Think of Phil as Scorpius' I heard a whisper behind me that probably belonged to Albus.

I closed my eyes and imagined Scorpius standing in front of me. He was casually leaning on a wall eating a green apple. 'Hey Parker'. He said in his bored-yet-dark-tone. 'All I do is to criticise people and show my parents' money off. I want to make your life miserable especially Rose's who I want to use her and the crush her heart.'

Only by the thought of him I felt my blood boil inside of me. I pointed my wand right on the dummy's chest and I shouted Stupefy. When I did that I calmed down a little but I felt myself still shaking. A moment later I realised the class had fallen silent. I looked around me and everyone's mouths were opened. Even Professor Anderson seemed surprised which was something I hadn't seen very often.

'Excellent job Alice! Seven points to Gryffindor' Professor Anderson was the first to break the silence. Then a round of applause came from the students'.

I was in big confusion until I looked in front if me. Phil was lying on the floor. I was so stunned that I couldn't move. I was the first one to cast the spell right and that was probably the first DADA spell she had ever succeeded with her first try.

Probably Malfoy wasn't so useless after all...

******************************

'Guys we haven't even opened the books we "borrowed" from the library for like three days.' Hugo said the moment the last two Gryffindors left the Common Room. 'Sooner or later they are going to find out they are missing and we are going to be in big trouble.'

'Well we could have started yesterday but James was snogging with that Melinda.' Albus accused his brother.

'Hey why are you so mad bro? It's not my fault that the ladies can't resist my lips.'

Before anyone could respond Rose cut them off. 'Just stop talking! I'm gonna bring the books from my trunk and don't you dare start arguing again.'

Everyone fell silent because we all know how Rose is when she get's angry and nobody wants to be there when that happens.

We didn't realise how quickly the had passed until a ray of sunlight entered the room through the window.

'I can't believe we spent all the night without finding anything useful about Horcruxes.' Rose complained. Her voice was deep from not talking all this time.

'Well, it does seem logical. I mean, they probably banned these books so that there wouldn't be other students wanting to be Voldemorts.' I said.

'But what are we going to do now?' Albus asked.

'First, someone is going to put the books back to their places tonight and then we'll see.' Rose ordered and got up from the sofa.