Tired

Beeb... 11 unread massages

Phana looked at his phone. Another one, why can't they just leave him alone. He is so tired. Is it too much to ask for one night off?

Secretly he wished that they were massages asking him how he was or if he wanted to do something fun, but he knew better. It was either Kit or Beam asking him for help with their paper, Yo asking for a ride or their faculty president asking for help with the organisation of the school festival. Like he wasn't busy enough making sure he got top grades to prevent his parent from making him drop his medical studies and take economics so that he can take over the family business.

When he felt the first drops of rain on his shoulders, he knew he had to go home or he would become ill. He was already walking on his last strength. But his body would not move. The dark thoughts that he usually could keep at bay were crashing him down. He wondered what would happen if he became ill. Would someone take care of him for a change. Ever since he enrolled medical school and became friends with Kit and Beam, he was the daddy of the gang. The one who helped them with their schoolwork, made sure they had someone too take care of them and too listen to all their problems. He was used to it. At home he was the oldest, always taking care of his younger brother and sister because his parents were busy with their company.

Then 6 months ago Phana met Yo again through the campus moon competition and they had started to flirt but now 6 months later they were still not in a relationship. Pha would take Yo to school and back, take him out on dates and buy him all the presents he wanted. He thought they would have been boyfriends months ago but Yo told him he wasn't ready yet. So now here they were, still in the courting stage of the relationship. They hadn't even kissed yet.

Phana closed his eyes as the rain was drenching his whole body. He felt tired, used and unloved.

His body was turning cold and he started to shiver. After a few minutes he opened his eyes and stared around him. The park around him was dark and empty. He got up from the bench and walked to the exit of the park when everything around him suddenly went dark.

On the other side of the park 5 men enter, their knuckles red from fighting. They were jumped by 14 men from a rivalling gang after leaving their bar. They decided to walk instead of using their bikes because they had too much to drink. After easily defeating their opponents they decide to take a short cut through the park when they stumble upon an unconscious medical student that they recognize.