Chapter 9

Chapter 9

<><><><><> 

Amber's POV

<><><><><> 

Sometimes it so hard to believe that my life has changed so drastically.  I woke up this morning and stretched my arms up over my head before walking into my private bathroom.  I pulled up short at the sight that met my eyes. 

Tom was in my bathroom!  And he wasn't just brushing his teeth or anything, he was using my toilet.

"Umm," I cleared my throat. His eyes locked with mine as soon as he heard me and his face turned a deep red. "Next time lock the door Tom," I told him before turning around and rushing back into my bedroom.

I flung myself at my bed, but somewhere between the air and the mattress I ended up face planting onto the floor.  My luck was holding it seems, because no sooner than my head hit the ground, I saw Tom entering my— our— bedroom.

He looked at me with my nose buried inside of his dirty jeans and started laughing uproariously. 

I shot him a dirty look as I tried to extricate myself from his clothes.  Sometimes though, things don’t go as planned.  I learned this the hard way when my face was finally untangled but his boxers were on my head like a crown. 

He laughed even louder and someone must have heard him laughing because moments later my father was rushing into our room. He took one look at my face before looking at Tom and laughing as well.

He didn’t even bother closing the door, so when mom rushed into the room I finally gave up my last pretences of normality.

Mom has very strict standards of what is decent and what isn’t.  When she saw me with my boxer crown she let out an affronted gasp before looking at my dad and smacking his arm. This just made my dad and Tom laugh even harder.

“Well,” sniffed my mom, “you can say hello to sleeping on the couch for the next week or until I decide that you have earned a place in my bed again,” she told me dad before walking out of my bedroom and slamming the door shut.

“So dad,” I said when I finally got the underwear off of my head. "We have some pre-wedding shopping to do today, do you want to come with Tom and I?"

He looked at Tom and then back to me. "I guess I better come," he said at last.  "Someone needs to keep the two of you in line."

<><><><><>

Mr. Venire's POV

<><><><><>

Why did I agree to go shopping with Amber and Tom? It's a waste of my precious time.  I could be out with my girlfriend, or I could be working on a new computer software.  Instead I'm chaperoning my daughter and her new guardian; what is wrong with this picture?

The first store Amber wanted to go into was a cake shop.  We walked into the store as a dangling bell chimed our arrival.  I almost hit my head on the blasted thing, but they didn't care because they were too busy making googly eyes at each other.

I just hate seeing people like that, and now my own daughter. It's disgusting! The world doesn't need to see that that two people are involved with each other, to know that the guy's just in it for the action. 

My wife doesn't even know about my three girlfriends and live in mistress.  Sometimes women are so unobservant.

While Amber and Tom fed each other cake I sat down and tried not to throw up my breakfast.  Sometimes it's just so hard though.  I ran off to the washroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet before looking around me.

The room was painted in a candy cotton pink.  Great. Could my day get any worse? I opened the door and walked straight into Amber.  Yup, my day had just gotten even better.

<><><><><>

I know it's a bit short, but I wanted to try writing from Amber dad's POV so that I could talk about his character more and make him a bigger part of the story.  Let me know what you think.

xoxo

big_dreamer