Chapter 20: (Y/n)'s Secret pt.1

Danny's P.O.V

I never thought (y/n) could be so ruthless. I mean, I saw her stand up to Paulina that one time but to say things to Sam that got under her skin? It was almost like she was being controlled to say those things. And what was this about "looking Sam's way"? Did she mean that Sam has a crush on me? ... No. That can't be right, we're friends!
After we left (y/n)'s home, Sam went home and left me and Tucker to try to figure out what just happened.
"Girls! Why do they have to be so complicated?" Tucker sighed.
"We told Sam we'd investigate without bullying but she went ahead and started accusing (y/n) right off the bat! Why would she do that? Does she really hate (y/n) that much?"
"Who knows, dude?"
"And then (y/n) said a bunch of things that seemed to really get under Sam's skin. That hardly ever happens!"
"Should we just keep them apart? Every time they're in the same room, a car fight breaks out."
"I don't know. Spending time with (y/n) at all without Sam will make her upset but I don't want to avoid (y/n) completely." I sigh, I feel like giving up on trying to understand. "Do you really think Sam's gut feeling could be right?" I asked Tucker.
"Has she really ever been wrong before?"
He has a point. I don't think Sam has ever been wrong about situations like this.
"Alright, I know what to do." I say. I tell Tucker my plan to talk to (y/n) on my own.
I'll try to deviate any conversation to learn more about her and figure out what she's hiding. Hopefully she'll still want to see me after what happened today.

(Y/n) came to school on Monday and it was almost as if nothing happened. Mr. Lancer excused her from the work she missed for some reason. I've never seen Lancer be nice to a student like how he is with (y/n).
During our passing period I thought about inviting (y/n) to hang out after school. She smiled and told me that she couldn't.
"My dad called the other day. He said he should be home today and I want to make preparations for his welcoming home."
"Oh, that's great. Would you need any help with that?"
"I don't want to put you through any trouble, Danny."
"No, I'll be glad if I could help! Honestly, I just need to be away from home right now. My folks are driving me crazy."
"Well, if you don't mind." The bell rang. "I'll see you later then."
We went our separate ways, going to our next class.
The day seemed so long, I just wanted school to end. It stemmed as if every time I stared at the clock, it would stop ticking causing time to move slower.
I groaned.
"Quiet!" My teacher said. "People are still testing."

Finally the bell rang!! I turned in my test and made a run for it! I spotted (y/n) at the front of the school.
She smiled when she saw me and I couldn't help but blush as I smiled back.
"Ready to go?" She asked.
"Yeah, but before we do, I just wanted to apologise for what Sam said the other day. She has a hard time trusting people."
(Y/n)'s smile faded. "I'm sorry too. I just got angry and I couldn't control myself. Something just took control over me."
"I know you didn't mean it. Maybe when Sam cools off, you can tell her yourself." I suggested.
"Yeah, thanks Danny." She said and hugged me. I hugged her back and we went on our way.
In the back of my mind, I kept thinking about what she said. 'I couldn't control myself. Something just took control over me' raised suspicion. Plus the fact that her dad talked to my parents (who only talk about ghosts)... could this all be connected somehow?

HEY GUYS! THANK YOU FOR READING! I KNOW EVERYTHING GOING ON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW IS SCARY AND I KNOW A LOT OF YOU JUST WANT TO ESCAPE FROM IT, AND THATS OK. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR MENTAL WELL-BEING! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

P.S THE WIND OUTSIDE KIND OF SOUNDS LIKE I'M AT THE BEACH 😊