Ch 4- Soldiers

"Him."
What?
"He's the one from my dreams. That face has been burned into my brain for three years."
"I think I need to be filled in here. What happens in these dreams that makes me so prominent?"
"These dreams are flashbacks, mind you. You saved my life. I was captured by Somali pirates in '20, when you and your team risked their lives to get me and others out of there."
"Wait, I think I remember..."

***"Move in! We've got bogies inbound!" Me and my squad charge for the front door, stopping only to check if it's clear. Jack tapped a door in the hallway and received multiple bullets shot at him, one nicking his left shoulder. "We got some Skinnies, and one hostage. Orders? Damn, that hurt."
"Flash bangs."
"On it, sir!"
I grabbed one of my flash grenades, pulled the pin, and hucked it through the doorway. As soon as I heard it go off, I charged in there, taking out those who did not stand down. In a matter of seconds, the room is secure. As I jog over the the hostage, a young woman about 2 years my junior, Ichabod called out, "We need to clear this ship and soon! Bogies' ETA 10 minutes, let's go!"
"You guys keep moving, I'll cover the hostages you find."
"Sir, yes sir!"
As my men spread out to clear this tin can, I checked on the hostage. She had hair black as night, and vibrant green eyes that were nearly glazed over from abuse, clearly showing how close she was to breaking down, and yet still had the shine of someone willing to do whatever it takes to get out alive. As soon as I had cut the rope off of her wrists and ankles, she lunged up off her feet and straight up hugged me as if I was her sav... oh, wait. I was her savior, least, I was in her eyes. Taking the duct tape off her mouth, I asked her a few basic questions to make sure she was okay, thing like "what's your name", "where were you born", and "how many fingers am I holding up". Not three minutes after, I heard the door to the hallway get kicked down. Handing over my Desert Eagle, I asked,"You know how to use this?" She nodded."Good. If anyone that doesn't look like me or my team comes through that door, shoot them."
"O-o-okay."
"Stay here." I moved from doorway to doorway, watching for any Skinnies that came through the door. Just as I thought, there's Somalis going through each room, their AK-47s loaded. Grabbing my radio, I called, "Ichabod, come in."
"What is it, sir?"
"We got Skinnies coming in through the hallway. I'll attempt to hold them off for as long as I can."
"Yes, sir. I'll send Hendan up immediately. Good luck."
Just as he finished, a Skinny walked into the room with his AK.
As he turned it towards me, I gave him three new holes, one in his sternum, one in the heart, and one in the head. Clutching my M4, I peered out the doorway to greet our unwelcome passengers.***

"I got shot in the foot during that. Damn Skinnies couldn't shoot worth crap."
Her eyes hooded, she replied,"I owe my life to you, and I couldn't tell you. Hell, I didn't even know you, and I refused to die until I found either you or your body, and said so."
Damn, she's got spirit.
"No need to thank me. I was just doing my job." I paused for a moment. "God damn, that sounded cheesy."
Mike speedily replied with,"You're not speeching well, are you?"
"Shut up, Mike."