Ch 3- New Dawn

"Put down your weapons!"
Deciding to not completely follow that order, I grabbed a Cold Steel longsword, a riot shield, and my M1 Carbine. Best go in peacefully, but prepared. Walking out to the front of the Humvee, I watched on as three people strode out into the clearing, one holding the same caliber rifle that shot at my Humvee.
"Now put the rifle down." Not wanting any trouble, I, though reluctantly, lay down the gun.
"Jon, look at him. He's in a gillie suit. He might be part of the military!" Damn straight I'm from the military."He might be a good guy! I mean, he put down the gun!"
"I don't know, Mike. He's still got those melee weapons, one of which can stop bullets." After a moment of silence, the man with the rifle, Jon, looked as if he had come up with an insane idea. And I know what that face looks like. Trust me, I have it on almost all the time nowadays.
"Tell you what, Green man. Toss me over a blade and we'll duel for those supplies of yours. Deal?"
Nodding, I took the shield off my back. unsheathing the longswords, I tossed them over to the trio. Walking back to the Humvee, I grabbed a Cold Steel Wakizashi, came back to the front of the Humvee, and waited to see which one I would face. Jon, Mike, and the third person, a young woman, huddled together, sometimes glancing back at me to make sure I was still there. After a few minutes, during which a zed stumbled over and was quickly decapitated by Mike with a Katana, Jon walked over to both the longswords, picked them up, and wielded them in a very odd manner, now looking akin to a praying mantis. Wait, I've only seen one person wield swords like that... Libby? And could that be Mike? Hmm... only one way to find out. As I get into a steady combat stance, shield up, Jon lunges forward, bringing the swords down. I quickly blocked, dropped the Wakizashi, and poked him in a manner only a few know. "Gah! What was that?!?!"
"... poke-fu."
Staggering back, Jon angrily asked, "What?"
"We meet again, Jon."
Lowering his weapons, Jon inquired, "Wait, Zach? Is that you?"
"Ah, So that's my name. Although, I like the sound of Green Man better." Striding over to the trio,I gave them as warm a welcome as possible in a zombie apocalypse. "So how'd you two make it out of New Hampshire? I heard they got some extreme force from the government during the beginning. Wouldn't let anyone out."
"Got that right. Mike and I watched on as they shot down anyone who got too close. We found an abandoned hunting cabin to the middle of nowhere, which is where I found this rifle and Mike's Glock."
"And who's this young lass?"
"Says her name is Sarah. Been looking for someone from one of her dreams." A moment passes by as I glance at Sarah from the corner of my eye. She can't tell though. Gillie suit and all."You mind taking off the mask? It's a bit unsettling."
Chuckling, I offhandedly say,"Sure, Mike, Sure."
Not three seconds after I take off the mask, I hear a new voice say, "Him."