² Too Early

Taehyung is definitely sure it is him. He swears to his life that it truly is. To not be able to recognize a face you grew up and is oh so familiar with? That would be just a disappointment to the years worth of friendship.

     Taehyung admits with great confidence that he can never not recognize his best friend's face. Despite the few years span apart, he is sure.

     The familiar figure has already crossed the street while Taehyung was left in a trance moments ago.

     Returning back to his senses, Taehyung composes himself then decides to run after them.

     Thank goodness the pedestrian lane is still in its go sign or else Taehyung would miss crossing over. He follows up right behind the person whom he assumes to be who he think it is.

     Even if it may be a random stranger, if this gives Taehyung the chance to possibly meet his best friend again, he's willing to risk embarrassing himself for mistaking someone else.

     Taehyung hastily extends his left arm to hold onto the other's right shoulder. Regret immediately rushes in his veins. He heaves out light pants, beads of sweat forming on his temple as his face flushes red out of pre-embarassment.

     'This was a mistake. What if it's not him?' he thinks.

     The figure stops in their tracks, obviously puzzled at the sudden grip on them. Their head looks over to oversee the situation before completely turning around to face the stranger in front of them.

     The person takes out an AirPod and flashing out a smile, they say, "Is there anything I can help with?"

     Messy raven hair in a beanie? Yes.

     Skin comparable to snow? Yes.

     Stout physique? Yes.

     Is he the person that Taehyung had hoped for? No.

     "I-I'm sorry. I think I may have mistaken you for someone else. I'm really sorry." Now, the pre-embarassment flush came in handy as he didn't turn any redder than he already is.

     He bows to the stranger in apology. The other just brush it off before going off their way.

     "How embarrassing, Kim Taehyung. Ugh." He mutters to himself.

     He was so sure of it though. Well, Taehyung may be an expert in terms of having a visual memory, he has never been good at paying attention to his surroundings. He may have just lost the person and mistook someone else instead.

     "Shoot! My luggage!"

     Did I mention careless?

     Luckily, his luggage is left unscathed near the bench he was sitting on. Taehyung trudges over it, unclacking the handles to continue his initial mission in the first place, which is to find his new residence, just before he got all distracted.

     After hours of asking around local citizens, mainly the aged, he finally arrives to his apartment right as the ball of sun fades into the dark. Taehyung's phone just had to die on him when he most needed it. Hence, he was unable to search up the location through Maps, which would have made things easier but no.

     Wow. Is he really that unlucky?

     Taehyung is simply elated to reach his new residence. Who knows what he'd do if he ended up stranded in the streets of this huge city late into the night?

     The landlord's son is clearly fazed upon the sight of an unexpected emotional breakdown from a random distressed grown male in front of his father's owned land. He goes out to get groceries and comes back to this... peculiar event in front of him.