🦉thirteen

Seungmin and Hyunjin looked at each other with a questioning look. The staring contest went on for a good two minutes, almost seem like they were telepathy with each other, discussing about the guy in front of him.

Is he okay?

I don't know. Is he?

What happened? There's no sandwich in his hand.

Oh maybe he put it in his bag?

There's no smile.

Maybe he had a nightmare?

There's no "I'm giving this to Minho!"

Maybe–

Seungmin glared when Hyunjin did not make any move, just standing there in front of the gate. The person in front of them just looked down, not saying anything.

"Sungie, is everything alright?" Seungmin softly asked. Jisung rarely gets sad. He only gets sad when Seungmin or Hyunjin is not with him.

He shook his head and gripped on the strap of his bag tighter. Too tight, until his knuckles turned white.

"Ji, what's wrong?" Hyunjin put his hand over Jisung's fist. He put a finger under his chin to make him look up.

Both of them gasped seeing the swollen eyes of Han Jisung.

"Ji.." Hyunjin did not know what to say. He had the feeling it was about Minho. Did he find out?

"I don't wanna go today," he spoke up, voice cracked. "Sorry for making you guys wait."

As when Jisung wanted to re-enter his house, Hyunjin stopped him. "Jisung, is it about Minho?"

"Don't say his name in front of me."

"Okay sorry. Is it about him?"

"I'm hopeless, Hyunjin. I should have known that," Jisung gritted his teeth. "I'm so stupid. Why do I thought he's gonna–"

He didn't get to finish his sentence before he let out a dry chuckle.

Hyunjin was guilty as ever. He didn't think Jisung would find out. Now he had no idea what he should do.

Seungmin, the confused puppy furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong? I'm lost here."

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"He doesn't eat your food, right?" Hyunjin slowly asked, looking into Jisung's eyes.

The latter's eyes widened. "H-how.."

"I knew about this, Ji. But I'm too afraid to tell you," Hyunjin confessed. "You seem so happy when you talk about him and when you prepare the food for him. I don't want to see you heart broken because of it."

Jisung again, was left speechless. He looked at Seungmin.

"I– I don't know about this I swear," he stuttered. "B- but if I knew I wouldn't tell you.. either."

"Why?" He almost felt betrayed by his two best friend. "If I didn't search for Felix yesterday I wouldn't have known this and my efforts are all gone waste! Why didn't you tell me?!"

Hyunjin and Seungmin flinched at his sudden raised voice. It had been a long time since Jisung gets angry. This was the first time in awhile and they were scared.

"You're unbelievable, Hyunjin. I thought you're rooting for me."

"I am!" Hyunjin said immediately. "Jisung, I really am but I didn't want to tell you because I hope he would tell you sooner. I don't want you to only hear on one side."

Jisung didn't say anything. He was too into his emotions right now to hear anyone.

"Jisung, please. Don't shut us out like this." Seungmin begged. He never knew what would Jisung do when he's angry.

Without giving any chance for the male to speak, Seungmin quickly pulled him and Hyunjin in a group hug. He didn't know what else to do but whenever he was sad Hyunjin was always there to cheer him by hugging. So he was doing the same to Jisung.

Hyunjin was taken aback a bit but he immediately wrapped his arms around his two friends. He closed his eyes, hoping Jisung won't push them away.

Lucky for them, Jisung gave in.

~

🦉