I Love You - Spock

A/N: Ahhh, my first Spock one-shot so far! I'm so proud of this one, I just think it's really cute. I also wrote this during a long car ride so sorry if it's not as nicely composed as some of my other ones, and a bit shorter too, I think. Anyway, I'll try to keep the updates coming. Let me know if you guys want to see more of our favorite Vulcan (half-Vulcan). Until next time!

- Your Favorite Author

The first time you told the half-Vulcan that you loved him it was only five minutes after meeting him.

The captain had just introduced you as the newest addition to the U.S.S. Enterprise's science team before leaving the two of you to get acquainted. Neither of you had really known how to start the conversation so you both just stood there in uncomfortable silence.

That is when he blurted out the word, rushed and awkwardly, "Titanic!"

Your eyes snapped up to his curiously. "What?"

You could have sworn the Vulcan blushed a deep green before muttering. "Um, never mind, that was an inadequate icebreaker."

You blinked. Had your emotionless first officer just blushed AND told you a pun? Albeit, a bit dated joke but you got his ancient history reference nonetheless.

You burst out laughing and once you started you couldn't stop. You laughed so hard that your sides began to hurt and tears rolled down your cheeks.

Spock looked deeply concerned by your reaction. For a second you thought he might reach out for you but he quickly retracted his arms before they could reach you, folding them back behind his back.

"I am deeply sorry for any grief I caused you; it was merely a play on words to help relieve tensions. I now see that it was a poor tactic, I apologize," Spock said gravely which only made you laugh harder.

Spock has no other choice but to wait there awkwardly until you could compose yourself again. Once you had you wiped away the tears and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He tensed but did not move away.

Through stifled laughter, you blew out a long breath before muttering, "God, I love you."

If you thought the Vulcan had been tense before now he was drawn tighter than a bowstring, his muscles stiff underneath your hand.

Suddenly Kirk re-emerged, calling both of you back up to the bridge. You sent Spock one last wide grin before following after your captain.

If Captain Kirk had looked confused seeing you in near tears and his first officer standing blankly next to you, he didn't say anything.

~~~

The second time was only a couple of months later on one of your first away missions. It was just after a particularly grating mission and Kirk had wanted to give the crew a low-risk assignment to recover and pick up morale. Unfortunately, it didn't go the way he had wanted.

The away team had been you, Spock, and a couple of low-status security officers. You were just supposed to collect some specimens from an uninhabited planet. Little did you know, it wasn't uninhabited.

About ten minutes into your routine inspection of the area a band of hog-like creatures burst from the bushes nearby and began firing at you, all of them brandishing guns like anything you had ever seen before.

You froze. The hog creatures were closing in and yet you couldn't seem to move from your position. One of them spotted you, bringing their arm up to fire. Your eyes widened but still, your body refused to respond.