Your Fault - Kirk

A/N: This one is a bit long, whoops! Sorry, not sorry. So I'm gonna make it into a two-parter. Let me know what you guys think! Until next time!

- Your Favorite Author

"Mayday! Mayday! This is Captain y/f/n of the U.S.S. Patriot. Our ship was attacked by rogue Klingons and we require immediate extraction. The enemy has warped away but the ship is failing. All passengers have been sent off the ship in pods. We need immediate extraction. Does anyone copy?"

There was a short fizzle of static as you waited for a response. No answer.

"I repeat, does anyone copy?" You groaned in frustration. You would have to abort the ship soon before it got caught in a nearby planet's gravity and fell but someone needed to send out the distress signal to collect your pods. With your late captain dead on the bridge floor only feet away from you it was now your duty as acting captain to stay behind. Why did you ever sign up for this?

Suddenly the distress beacon started to crackle. At first, you thought it might just be malfunctioning, after all the ship was nearly in pieces, but then someone started to speak on the other end.

"This is Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise. We have received your distress signal and will begin extracting your crew immediately."

You were caught with several emotions the moment you heard the captain's voice. You were, of course, elated that your crew was being rescued and that they wouldn't die in deep space but another part of you wished no one had heard your distress signal. Or at the very least not Jim Kirk.

Despite your hatred for the other captain you put on a brave face and clicked your microphone back on. "Thank you, Captain Kirk."

Another crackle. "Who did you say this was again?"

You rolled your eyes even though you knew the captain couldn't see you. "Quit it asking stupid questions and go rescue my crew, Jim."

A pause before the inevitable crackle. "Y/n, what happened to Captain Jones?"

"Dead," You stated bluntly, trying not to let your emotions seep into your words. It was harder than you would've liked though understandable given the harsh circumstances.

"Alright," Jim sighed, "We're collecting all loose pods now. If no one else is aboard, abandon ship and we'll pick you up as well."

"Aye Captain. Y/l/n out."

You didn't wait for a response as you rushed to the nearest escape pod and with one last look at the bridge and your fallen captain, ejected yourself into space.

Your breathing became rapid as you felt your pod twirl and shake as it was launched from its capsule. "Breathe, y/n, just breathe," You told yourself. As much as you hated to admit it, you were terrified of small spaces. Living on a big ship like the U.S.S. Patriot was no problem but a tiny pod like this. No thank you.

Thinking it might help keep your focus off the cramped spacing, you peered out the pod's looking glass. The spinning stars were dizzying, no doubt, but you felt calmer doing that than looking around your pod.

Just as your breathing was starting to return to normal and your pod was starting to slow down a large piece of space debris appeared in your window. You gulped, your heartbeat starting to pick up again as you realized you were headed straight for it.

You let out a loud string of curses right before your pod slammed into the large rock looking thing and pinged off. The pod jolted and lurched before letting out a loud clanging sound as red lights flashed inside the tiny capsule.