Chapter 3

On my walk to the locker room to get ready for my softball game I saw some of my friends. I walked over and waited for them to acknowledge I was there. after a minute they turn to me.

"Hey Makenna," Brooke said. She was standing with some of my guy friends. A lot of them we're cute but we are family friends so nothing would happen.

"Are you guys going to my game?" I asked not sure of the responses. To my surprise they were.

"You guys are playing our rivals, how could we miss it! We'll see you at game time," Emma said and we parted.

I walked into the locker room and straight to my locker in the athletic room. I saw most my team. It was usually everyone but the seniors because they didn't have the 6 or 7th period. However my sister was always in there. She was a senior but didn't have a car and had all AP's because she was smart like me.

"Erin,did mom bring our bags?" I asked her hoping so because I didn't want to be late.

"Yes and she brought us snacks and will you braid my bangs like you do to yours. They always look good."

"Sure but no complaining of pain or if it's not good enough because I'm already in a bad mood!" I put on my socks and sliders then slid on my black pants. I then buttoned up my black 32 jersey. I walked to the big mirror pulled my bangs into a French braid then put it all back into a low ponytail so my hair would look super long. I wish it would grow a few extra inches so it would finally be at my waist. I stepped back and looked at my blue-green eyes, numerous freckles,and my strawberry blond hair. I found any and every flaw possible and decided to just put my black sparkly bow in and forget it.
After finishing my sisters hair,doing the same to hers as I did to mine, the team walked across the black top to our high school field. I was already sweating just from the few minutes of walking over. We were in all black because we took the color from our rivals so they couldn't use it as a main color anymore. We do it just to rub it in their faces.
We started warm ups and I looked into the stands, I saw some of my friends looking at their phones waiting for the game to start.

I was already dirty from diving in warm ups to catch bunts because I was a first baseman. We took the field and the game started. I was#four in the line up because I was a power hitter. I got up my first at bat and with out any hesitation swung at the first pitch and took off running. My heart beated hard as I rounded first as fast as possible. Half way to second I heard loud cheering and looked up just in time to see my ball go over the fence.

I jumped on home and was greeted by my team congratulating me and pounding on my helmet. I hit home runs often but it felt ten times better against your enemies from the same town.

I was then put in to run for a super slow girl. I took my lead off of third waiting to spring forward. The ball was hit hard to short stop and she blocked it with her body as she dove. I new I was going to have to dive at home. I leaped head first to the plate only to be greater by the catcher, cleating my arm then falling on my shoulder. I cried out in pain but not daring to let tears flow from my eyes. That's when everything went dark.

---------------------------------------------------

HEY! So I'm super excited because there's actually people reading this. if you are an avid read then I will let you know that I'm not good at updating but I will try because I'm on break right now. Anyway, have a good day!