Jimmy Desperately Tries To Fix His Oopsie (Part 2)

"I can explain, okay? I- Gary! Come on, I just want to talk!"

Jimmy stood in the doorway, blocking Gary from entering his room. Gary shoved him backwards and slammed the door shut, turning to look at Jimmy now that they were both inside.

"I'm really sorry, okay? Can't you just listen to me for a second?" Jimmy pleaded, watching Gary with fading hope. He fucked up- not only with Gary, but with Mandy- and he wasn't sure either of them would forgive him.

Gary crossed his arms. "I'm fucking listening."

Silence settled between them. Jimmy scoured his mind for something- anything- to explain why he ignored Gary. Anything but the truth. Nothing came to mind.

"Well, I- uh..."

"See? Fucking nothing. You thought I was annoying and bad for your reputation or whatever and you would rather hang out with your stupid girlfriend so you abandoned me, and then as soon as you two broke up you come back to me," Gary huffs. "You can talk to anyone in this school, Jimmy. Anyone. So why do you terrorize me? Why?"

The way Gary was looking at him made unease stir in his gut. Was there any chance for redemption? "You're not annoying, Gary. I'm sorry, okay? I understand if you hate me. It's fine. But I miss talking to you." Jimmy swallowed his spit and started coughing. Gary watched him, his facial expression unchanging.

Once Jimmy was through with his coughing fit, he looked back up at Gary. "Sorry. Please, can we just be friends again? I'll owe you one, or I'll do whatever you want. I won't date, uh, any girls again, or-"

"You owe me one? Okay. Get out of my fucking room."

"No, Gary." Jimmy stood still, mimicking Gary's body language and crossing his arms. He could've swore he saw something flicker in Gary's eyes, but it was gone before he could put a finger on it.

Gary hesitated before he spoke again. "I'm serious," he says quietly, yet steadily. "I'm sick of it, Jimmy. I thought we were friends."

"Yeah. And we can be friends again. I won't do anything like that again. Swear." Jimmy thought about bringing up the time when Gary turned on him and did something exactly like this, but he wasn't sure if it would help his case. If anything, it could make the situation worse.

"Fuck you," Gary muttered, his voice starting to waver. "Fuck you. Just get out of m-y room."

Jimmy took a step towards the door, watching Gary closely. "What if I let you get me back somehow?" He knew Gary would be in tears sooner than later, and he wanted to be there for him while he cried.

"Stop. You can't fix this. Just go f-" Gary pauses to wipe tears from his eyes. "Find another f-fucking girlfriend to distract yourself with. God."

He wanted to reach out and hug Gary, but decided against it. "I don't care about girls anymore," Jimmy said gently, deciding to move closer and put a hand on his shoulder to test his limits. "I just don't want you to hate me. And I gave you a second chance, remember? When you came back from Happy Volts? After all you did to me. So why don't I get a second chance? Please, Gary, I don't want you to hate me," he repeats. "I won't fuck up again."

Gary tore Jimmy's arm away from his shoulder. "Really?" he snapped, tears still streaming down his face.

Jimmy nods.

"Fine. I believe you," Gary says, wiping his face and sitting down on his bed.

He stands in the center of the room, arms still crossed. Jimmy realized how awkward it felt and let them drop down to his sides.

Gary forgave him. He wasn't sure how he managed it, but Gary fucking forgave him.