Jack's POV: Bound for New Jersey

The 2019 draft has come to a close. It is time for me and other fellow players to go to the places of our new teams.

I am also sad just like Sarah that the draft is over, but I still get to spend to time with her, until I leave for New Jersey, tomorrow June 24th, I am meeting the local media the next day.

Don't get me wrong but the area I'm playing in is a metro area. I am playing in the New York Metro Area to be exact.

Sarah on the other hand is torn between going back to our home state of Michigan and going to New Jersey with me. "Come to New Jersey with me." I convince her. "Ok." she answers.

She tells me that she has to text her parents and ask them if she can come to New Jersey with me. Her parents said yes.

Today is June 24th. I packed my bags and waited for Sarah with her bags so that we can head to the airport.

I also packed my passport.

Sarah and I both said our final goodbyes to my entire family before they left and my old teammates before we hailed a taxi to the airport.

About five minutes later, Sarah and I jumped into the taxi and we were on our way to the airport.

"Nervous?" I asked Sarah. "Yes." she answered. "Don't worry, it's like we're flying back home to Michigan, except a little longer." I told her.

Sarah told me it felt weird for her to travel cross country but for my draft specifically, cross continent.

We arrived at the airport, checked our bags, went through security all that stuff.

We are now boarding a plane back to the United States, but Sarah and I are not going back home to Michigan, we are flying to NEW JERSEY.

Goodbye Vancouver.

Can't wait to see what New Jersey has in store for us.

Can't wait to play for the Devils.

Let's Go Devils!