78

Abi's P.O.V.

It's been a little over 4 months since Clint disappeared and nobody has been able to contact him or find him, I've spent days on end out looking for him but he obviously doesn't want to be found. The twins are now 8 and a half months, and so much has happened; they're crawling, pulling themselves up on the furniture and they absolutely love playing peek a boo with Sam. They've grown so much, even the doctors were surprised when I took them for their most recent check ups, they're pretty much the same size as babies their age that weren't premature.

"Sam, thank you so much for all your help lately." I said as I arrived back in the tower.

"Abi, I've told you multiple times already to stop thanking me, I absolutely adore these two and it's no trouble at all." He said as he pulled faces at Axel who was laughing at him.

"I know but I wanted to do something to thank you, so I got you these." I said, handing him two tickets to the football game tomorrow night.

"I can't take these." He said quickly, trying to give them back to me.

"Sam if it wasn't for you, I don't know what I would've done over the last 4 months, you've done so much for me and I wanted to do something for you for a change. You look after the twins for me whilst I go to work, you help out with them in the evenings and days when I'm not at work whilst I'm doing my online courses, you help me with my studying, you have honestly been my rock and you deserve those tickets and more for everything you've done." I said with a smile.

"Thank you and I'm so proud of you, you know. Juggling a job, your online university course and looking after twins, you deserve the title of a superhero more than the rest of us." He said, making me chuckle.

"Well, I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for all of you guys helping me." I said.

"We will always be here and you know that, you're part of the family." He said with a grin.

"Thank you Sam." I said pulling him in for a hug.

We sat and played for a little bit longer but when it reached 7pm, I changed the twins and put them to bed before joining the others back in the living room.

"How was work?" Steve asked as I sat between him and Sam on the couch.

"It was good, it was quite quiet today but I didn't mind." I said.

We all watched a film and when it ended, I decided it was time for bed because today had been a long day and I was exhausted. I changed into my pyjamas and climbed into bed, I laid thinking about everything that had happened in the time Clint has been gone. I got myself a job in the coffee shop just around the corner to earn some money so I could provide for the twins, and I also enrolled in an online university to get my teaching degree so that I could become a teacher. I had wanted to go to university and become a teacher for a while now, especially because I knew it would make Clint proud but I never seemed to have the time before but now I'm not letting anything or anyone hold me back. Soon, I drifted off to sleep but it didn't last very long as I was woken up countless times throughout the night by the twins, and I barely slept at all that night.

"Morning guys." I said tiredly as I carried the twins though and put them in their highchairs.

Sam had already made their porridge for breakfast and just handed me their two bowls.

"You are a god send, thank you." I said with a smile.

I quickly fed the twins their breakfast before bathing them and getting them dressed for the day, I took them back to the living room and put them into their new play pen. When I walked in, the others suddenly stopped talking about what ever they had been talking about before which made me a little suspicious. I walked around the back of the couch and quickly plucked the tablet from Tony's hands before he could stop me, he scramble over the back of the couch to get it back but he was too late.