74

Clint's P.O.V.

"Get away from me." Abi said, suddenly stepping away from me.

I let out a sigh and my arms fell to my sides, I thought we might be getting somewhere but obviously not. I ran a hand through my hair and then down my face, trying to figure out what to do now, she wasn't going to make it easy for me and I couldn't blame her.

"I can't believe you accused me of cheating on you with Steve." She said angrily.

"You accused me of flirting with Nat! There's nothing going on there and there never will be, she's my best friend and she's like a sister to me, it would be weird to date her. It feels weird standing here talking about dating her, I can't even imagine what it would be like if I actually dated her. You are the one I want, not her or anyone else." I said.

"I'm too tired for this, I'm going to bed." She said with a sigh before heading towards the bedroom.

I grabbed her hand and stopped her before she could walk away, spinning her round so she was facing me but leaving a foot or two between us so she couldn't yell at me to get way from her again.

"No, you can't just walk away in the middle of us trying to resolve this! I know you, if you try and go to bed now you won't get to sleep for hours." I said quickly.

"Clint I'm exhausted, I pushed to babies out earlier and I just need to go to bed." She said and I could hear in her voice how tired she was.

"Promise me we will finish this tomorrow." I pleaded.

"Yeah we will, I promise, but right now I just need to sleep." She said.

I nodded and followed her through to the bedroom, I was tired too from all of the stress of today but when Abi walked into the bedroom, she groaned. I walked in after her and saw why; we had a double bed to share instead of a bed each.

"I'll go down to reception and get it ch-" I started but she cut me off.

"No it's fine, that's too much hassle and I really can't be bothered to be moving around, I just want to go to bed." She said and yawned.

"Well I'll take the couch then." I said and turned to walk out.

"No, I'm not letting you sleep on that couch, it was uncomfortable to just sit on let alone trying to sleep on it. We might not be on the best terms but we're engaged Clint, I'm sure I'll survive sleeping next to me." She said with a tired smile.

Her words filled me with hope, I wasn't sure before if she still wanted to be with me but now I was almost sure that she did still want to be with me. Almost. She just climbed into bed in what she was wearing but I took off my jeans, leaving on my t-shirt and boxers, before climbing into bed next to her, I didn't like sleeping in t-shirts but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"How come you're sleeping in a t-shirt? I thought you said it wasn't comfortable for you?" She said tiredly.

"If you wanted me to take my top off, you could've just asked." I said with a grin, making her chuckle lightly.

"If you want to take it off you can, I don't mind." She said almost shyly.

I slipped my t-shirt off over my head before laying back down, leaving space between us because I didn't know if Abi would appreciate me cuddling her. My heart swelled in my chest when she rolled over and rested her head on my chest before tangling her legs with mine, I let out a content sigh as I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, maybe this won't all be as bad as I thought it would be.