Shadow Wolves -The Currupted-Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Past

Location: the Top of Cherry Cliff

Date: Unknown

I stare out into the horizon. its nearly dawn, so the sky wasn't that pretty blue with orange and red swirling around the point from where the sun is rising. So far there wasn't even a hint of that orange red-ish swirls, with pink hinting around it.

All that was there was black blue sky and as time passes a purple-ish pink joins in the mix. Before I would have said its like a dance between the two, with the black blue as the lead but slowly allowing the light to shine through, but now after seeing what horrors can happen even in my village, our own heaven, i can see that it is not a dance but a fight to the death, a war.

A war in each one wins just to go through it again the next night. Its never ending and inevitable. it's a never ending vicious cycle were no one wins.

I continue to stare blankly out into the sky as the sun rises taking the black blue away and allowing the purple-ish pink transform into an orange red as the sun rises, to than diminish into a white blue.

I never moved an inch from where I started at, i never moved until I Sika came. Although i heard her approach me I still flinched when she touches me. I could feel the pain that caused her, but i was too absorbed in my thoughts to care.

"Zoo... please, talk to me. I know your in pain, let me help you." She touches my shoulder tentatively, this time I don't flinch.

I sigh a weary drown out sigh. " If it t'was you, you'd understand how I can no longer see the good in things and not matter how hard i try the darkness seeps through. Everywhere i look I see the beauty i used to see but than it being twisted in a twist creature sent from hell. I feel like my life is the punchline to a humorless joke."

Before i can blink she's in front me with a fierceness in her eyes I've never seen before.

"Don't say that Sitka. Don't you ever say that. Our pure souls free from corruption is way we're here, if what your saying is true you are no longer pure of mind. You know we all have to be pure of mind and heart. If the elders find this out you'll be stripped of your powers," She looks to me eye fear and anger in she clear un-haunted eyes. I wonder how must my eyes look to her...

"Zoo! Look at me! You are my best friend and I will help you through this but you must try as well. Try to act pure of mind and don't allow this corruption to eat away at you until you have no soul left to save. You will at least act like you before, don't give the elder a reason to strip you of your powers."

I look away from her because she is undoubtably right, I am currputed andthe elders will strip my powers...

I sigh, the elder have been wanting to take away my powers once I bloomed into my full strength. They believe none of us should have such strength. for we believe our power lies within number and as a united front.

If they find a reason to strip me of my powers they will no hesitant to do it. They will try to purify my soul and if they succeed in it I will still never get my powers back

"it doesn't matter to me," i finally say. "Look what my visions have done to me. You think I want them? I will cry with joy if I never have to see what I've seen again. i never want to relive that horror again. Not ever." My voice is unwavering and almost completely empty but for the under lining anger engraved in every word.

"But don't you see? Your vision...you were meant to see that. It means that you are one the ones to save us! You must keep faith, in us all. If you lose your powers we may never prevent that or overcome it. We need you! You can not allow that to happen, no what the cost."

I don't say a word, as i turn away from her and look into the sky. Storm cloud loom over us casing a shadow of impending doom on us...

"Your right...I see that but it doesn't mean I like it. Please leave. I just...I need time to put myself together."

She leaves butit looks like she was fighting with herself about it. A part of her wanted to run from me, the currupted, the other wanted to gather me in her arms for I am or was her best friend.

I lay on the ground and watch the sky than the sun as it sets, and wonder when this battle comes for nothign we can do will stop it, I wonder if the sun will shine or will darkness irrecoveribily win. I will stay and do my part but I can't find the strength or will in me to try--